We are all blind in matters of love...

Baran was in his office reading some documents, and he looked up to take a break and saw Gül cleaning the outdoor furniture. Seconds after Firat was behind her. He was reaching out to touch her, but before he could Gül realized what he was doing and left. Baran's eyes returned to his cousin, and his expression was one he knew too well. It was an expression of longing. Before, when Baran thought it was impossible for Dilan to love him, to ever accept to be his real wife, and to ever feel like part of the Karabey family, the pain and longing in his heart were almost unbearable. And now he saw himself reflected on his cousin. He was in love with Gül, 'how I didn't notice before?' He was aware that something was going on with Firat, but he didn't pay him the necessary attention and now that slip was costing him a lot, that slip meant Derya's presence in their lives again.

Dilan was sitting on the couch in her room with a notebook in her hands. She was so excited about Monday, it would be her first day at work, so she was making a list of things she would need to do to familiarize herself with her new position: Getting to know the staff, getting a report on the current projects and soon-to-be implemented ones as well as their weight in the overall budget for the foundation, she also wanted to know the reach of every program in addition to the list of children and families that were benefited by the foundation, and the criteria for their selection and so on. She was examining the list when Baran entered the room. "What is my beautiful wife up to?" She smiled but kept her eyes on her notes. "I'm doing a list of things I need to do during my first days at the foundation to get my footing right." "Ahh, I see..." Dilan was thinking about what else she should write down when Baran, who stood against the door frame with his hands in his pants pockets, spoke again "I also see that I would have my work cut out for me."

Dilan eyes met her husband's. "What do you mean?" He walked towards her and took the notebook from her, after which he sat down next to her. "I mean that now I will have to compete with the foundation for your attention, isn't that right?" He was trying to appear hurt, but she rolled her eyes at him and said,"You are exaggerating, " while trying to get the notebook back from him. But Baran moved it around so she could not reach it. "Really? You haven't even started, and you just ignored me a moment ago. " "I didn't ignore you, I was concentrated, and I answered your question, didn't I?" They were a couple of centimeters from each other when he said in a low tone."You did, but you didn't look at me, Dilan. When I am in this room or any other room, I want to feel your eyes on me because you can be sure that my eyes are always on you."

Baran saw Dilan blush at his words. He wasn't hurt, but he could not deny there was some truth to his words. When he offered her the job, he was aware of his wife's personality. She was focused and detail-oriented. Whenever she was in charge of something, she gave it her best. Like she did in her studies and with his Dad's treatment. She was so meticulous with her job and so creative, that's why he knew she would be great for the foundation. As her husband, he wanted to support her, but it would require some adjustment from the two of them, and he already took some steps in that direction. The rest was up to Dilan. He caressed her cheek, and she said, "My eyes are always on you, Baran, even when I'm not looking directly at you..."

Dilan raised her hands to cradle his face "It's difficult to explain but when we are in a room together, even if we are physically apart, even before I can lay my eyes on you, it is like my body is aware of your presence. Every nerve in me awaits with expectation, and when we physically touch each other, I'm washed over by emotions. They hit me all at once, and sometimes... sometimes I don't know what to do with them, Baran." There was so much warmth in Baran's gaze that she knew he felt the same way. He grabbed her hand and kissed her palm gently, closing his eyes. "The night you proposed to me at the cabin, do you remember what you told me?"

Baran didn't have to think about it. Everything related to his wife was engraved in his heart. "I remember everything about that night, Dilan." She smiled fondly and continued. "Then look into my eyes, Baran, look and see yourself in me." He did look carefully. Eventually, he saw a man who learned how to love, a man who overcame the hatred and darkness that lived in him since his mother's death, a man full of compassion toward others, a man who was loved beyond his dreams by the woman in front of him and by his family. He never really looked at himself before, which is why it was so hard for him at the beginning to accept and see Dilan's feelings for him, despite everyone telling him otherwise. The fact was that before he didn't feel worthy of her love so it was easier for him to attribute her actions as part of her kind nature instead of what they were, the manifestations of her love for him.