A normal day of the royal family of Elfhame

"Alright, I'll be gone for the day then. Round up for instructions until then!" Jude clapped her hand to draw attention after fixing her boots straps. All eyes snapped towards her questioningly.

 Cassie too looked up from blowing on Cardans nails which she had painted jet black with flecks of golden sparkles. Tristan looked at his mother with wide eye's as he momentarily halted chewing his gum, a packet of which was a gift from his Aunt Heather.

"Do not add to the population, do not subtract from the population, yes, I'm looking at you Tristan. If you happen to be kidnapped by chance enforce dominance through seduction of the kidnapper and if you happen to kill someone, be sure to ascertain your superiority and dominance over the jailor and prisoners until your father bails you out. Understood?"

Cardans eyes widened with a scandalized look at his wife's words as he gawked at her in disbelief.

"Jude!"

"What? Just announcing safety protocols."

"More like encouraging them to cause mayhem."

"Um, Question?" Cassie raised her hand with a mischievous sparkle in his eyes. The High Queen raised an eye brow straightening out her skirt. 

"What is it?"

"How verified is the methodology of seducing your captors in case of kidnapping? Does it work?" Cassie asked with a mock serious look although her eyes continued to shine mischievously. Cardans lips twitched at that, a slight smirk overtaking his lips as he glanced at his wife.

"Don't worry, it works perfectly fine. I've personally verified this methodology, that too against the most dangerous of -um, kidnappers." 

Jude fixed her husband with an annoyed glare as though daring him to continue.

"Really? You were kidnapped, Dad? When and by whom?"

"I'm afraid that's story for another time, my little Sassie."

***

Tristan bit into a faerie fruit, his onyx eyes scanning the room critically. He leaned against the ginormous frames of the door as he watched his father sip his sixth glass of wine that evening.

 In normal circumstances his mother would rarely allow him to get drunk and humiliate himself at such parties, but his mother was gone for the day and their father took full advantage of it.

 He watched the mortal musicians as they tugged their strings producing streams of melody and the some mortal dancers as they danced to their kings delight, chaste at their feet. 

The grand room was brimming with faeries of significance from all the courts, all of whom staggered about in drunken states, laughing meaninglessly.

Cardan chuckled at the mirthful words of a young well groomed fey with his silky copper strands of hair tied back into a pony tail with startling cyan colored eyes. Princess Cassandra sat by her fathers side laughing at the faerie's words, her gaze lingering at the young man before her.

Tristan's blood boiled when he caught the boy winking at his innocent and naïve little sister and his blood effectively turned to steam when his said innocent baby sister winked back batting her long eye lashes.

A knight at the door burst into a fit of drunken hysterics all of a sudden and he shot them the dirtiest looks to shut them up.

"You don't seem to be enjoying yourself much, my prince." A snarky voice came from beside him.

Felicia, the daughter of The Roach, also known as Van, and The bomb, also known as the Liliver, stood leaning against the other pillar sipping on a glass of wine. She looked much like her mother in terms of facial structures and a pair of miniature butterfly wings at her back. Still, her smooth green skin and black hair framing her face showed her goblin heritage from her father.