Arcade and getting catnapped

"For the last time, Cassandra Greenbriar! It's futile to try for that bunny! Why don't you get it that the position of it inside the claw game box makes it impossible to be picked up! Stop wasting your points on it!" Jude hissed at her daughter, pinching the bridge of her nose in annoyance and exhaustion.

Cassie looked up, her eyes wide and watery with tears as her lower lips trembled. 

"But tha's wha- I wan!" Her words mixing together as her voice grew thick with a held back sob and tears promptly gushed down her cheeks. Jude let out a tired sigh, her demeanor softening as she reached out to cradle her daughter.

"But you tried, baby. This was your thirteenth fail and I myself have tried and failed to get it about four times. The bunny is under three turtles and all that is peering out is it's tail. The position makes it impossible for us to retrieve it with the claws."

"Then smash it out for me!" Cassie screamed banging her fist against the glass in her tantrum.

Jude's eyes widened in horror and panic. She quickly grabbed the five-year-old fey who starts kicking and screaming in her arms and glances around to sure enough find the entire arcade staring and whispering about them just as the staff glared on with an expression screaming 'either control that brat or get your ass out of the arcade!'.

'So much for some quality mother-daughter time'

Jude grumbled in her mind as she carried her daughter to the arcade food court.

"Look Cassie, they're selling bunny cup cakes, and they're blue! Isn't blue your favorite?" She cooed in a soothing tone as tried to coax the young princess. Thankfully, the trick seemed to work as the said princess froze in her mothers arms, her gaze fixed on the blue bunny cupcakes.

"Sorry, but that's not for sale."

Jude would have sworn out loud if she wasn't holding her daughter at the moment.

"I'm quite sorry but sure enough you could do something. I'm willing to pay extra if that's what it takes."

"But ma'am-" 

"Please, it's a emer-"

"Yes, please miss?" Cassie asked softly, her tone changing as a weird glow lit up her iris'.

"Cassie?" Jude asked cautiously, a weird sense of familiarity filling her guts. She had seen this same glow in her husbands eyes before quite a lot of times.

The young lady behind the counter froze as she gazed at Cassie, Jude's fears being confirmed when the woman's pupil dilated into an empty void.

"Of course, anything you want." The lady fished out a blue cupcake passing it to Cassie who happily took it without hesitation. Jude dropped a good amount of change along with a generous apologetic tip for the cupcake as she wordlessly followed her daughter to a table.

"Cassie? Do you know what you just did?" The high Queen of Elfhame asked quietly once they settled in a table. Cassie grinned at her mother, her face covered in blue whipped cream as she nodded.

"Yup, I just glamoored her!"

'Wow, that's pretty direct, no beating around the bush. Wonder where she gets that from.' 

Jude couldn't help but think to herself. Yet a strange inkling of pride filled her chest. Cassie's glamour was quite powerful and impressive for her age. It reminded her of a certain someone.

"Who taught you to do that?"

"Dad did!"

'Of course, it was him.'