The fifth prince of the underseas

"He's the newly appointed ambassador of the underseas, have you heard?" Felicia whispered to Tristan in a hushed tone.

The seventeen-year-old prince finally took a break from practicing his sword swings, wiped his brow with the back of his sleeve and looked at his friend.

"Did you say something?"

The half-Goblin hissed in annoyance, grabbing his chin forcefully and whipping it towards a young faerie with pale skin and silver-ish hair with blue edges.

"That- is the new ambassador of the Underseas. He's also the fifth prince and child of Queen Nicasia, from one of her many lovers probably."

Tristan looked at the boy carefully, who he presumed had to to be around his age. The said boy  indeed looked quite nervous as he kept fidgeting with the end of his sleeves as he stared at the ground from where he sat at a rock.

"What happened to the previous prince, the former ambassador? I mean I understand he was a trouble maker among ladies but other than that he was okay-ish."

"You really don't keep up with gossip, do you, my naïve friend? As it turns out that guy has an aptitude for butchering mortals when in rage. Apparently in one of those rage tantrums he randomly killed a mortal girl who just happened to one of Nicasia's favorite consorts daughter. The poor guy committed suicide, blah blah drama happened and Nicasia exiled Medeal to the mortal realm for five years as punishment. As I've heard this is to increase his empathy for mortals. End of story."

"Seriously? Won't he just get more upset and end up butchering more mortals there and cause trouble? That doesn't make sense." Tristan asked raising an eye brow skeptically. Felicia smirked in return.

"Queen Nicasia's judgements usually don't unfortunately."

"Alright."

He leaned to pick up his sword again only to have someone grope him by the shoulders and haul him back up to stare into their eyes.

"What do you think you're doing?"

"Umm, picking up my sword to get back to practice?"

"Are you kidding me?"

"I don't think so? What is there to kid about picking up a sword?"

"How thick is your skull? You should be going over to him and establishing a friendly relation."

"Why?"

"You're the prince! Go talk to him! Poor guy looks terrified enough. Make him more comfortable."

"Why do I have to do that?"

"You're the prince."

"So what? I'm not going. I need to practice."

"Come on, also he's so cute look! That's definitely a bright side."

"Why don't you go talk to him then?"

"Because I'm your best friend and well-wisher. I want the best for you and he's definitely your type!"

Tristan narrowed his eyes in a challenging manner.

"You can't make me go."

Felicia narrowed her eyes back, accepting the challenge.

"Try me."

***

Tristan approached the said ambassador from the Underseas cautiously. He glared at his 'best friend' as she continued to grin at him and give him a thumbs up.

"Whether you become king or not, it doesn't matter. It's important for there to be a good relationship between at least two of the royals from the land and the Underseas. This is to establish a good political alliance." He muttered to himself to calm his nerves.