Chapter 3

!TW - Mention of Anxiety and Panic!

The whole week I went around and was nervous about the party. I don't like parties, so why should I go? But at the same time I want to be there for Nick and I will try to go in with an open mind - maybe it will be good after all? The week went by quickly and today is the day.

"Damn what a house" Darcy says in a happy but surprised voice as we stand outside Harry's house, which looks more like a castle. Tao standing next to her, nodding in agreement with his mouth open. Harry had invited Darcy to the party too and said she could bring one more, but since everyone else in our friend circle was busy this weekend, Tao was the one to come along. With determined steps, the two of them enter through the front door, while Nick and I remain outside for a while longer. He takes my hand and looks at me.
"Are you okay?" he asks and I nod in response, looking at the door closing behind Darcy and Tao. I don't want to have to worry him unnecessarily and I will not tell the truth about how I feel right now. After that, we also go through the door and start the evening's party.

Inside the house we are met by very different impressions - Drinking everywhere, people both dancing and fighting, loud music, flashing lights, paintings on the floor and much more. I immediately feel how this was a stupid idea. I really don't want to be here right now.
"Hey, mate" shouts a voice towards us and Harry comes walking with a beer bottle in his hand. I don't know how long the party has been going on, but he's definitely drunk. He puts his hand around Nick's neck.
"There's drinks, sweets and pretty girls here today, I think I know what you like most" says Harry, taking Nick with him into the sea of ​​people. And here I am now alone, stressed, tired, full of anxiety. In a room further away I see a couch and no people seem to be there either, so I take a deep breath before walking into the crowd to get to the couch. I settle down and feel the volume of the music quieter - still loud, but quieter.

"Hello" says a voice and I quickly look up to see a pair of brown eyes, but not the brown eyes I had hoped to see. In front of me is Ben. He sits down next to me on the red leather sofa and puts his hand on my leg. I get completely confused, I freeze, I don't know what to do. I can hear him talking, but I can't hear what he's saying - it's like I'm in another world. I just sit there, letting him take on me however he wants, I'm unable to resist no matter how much I want to. After a while I also start to feel dizzy and realize that I have to leave, away from the party, but above all - away from Ben. I have to find a separate, quiet room where I can be on my own.