Chapter 11

!TW - Eating disorder, Fainting, Stress, Anxiety!

"How are you feeling Charlie?" Sarah asks as we all sit at the table. The dinner looks very good and smells very good as well.
"I'm a little tired. Otherwise I'm good.. I think." I look up at Nick who has made me a small portion of food. Salad, potatoes and chicken are on my plate. I look down at the food on the plate in silence for a while.
"You don't have to eat Charlie if you don't want to, I totally understand" says Sarah. I look at her and then back down at the food in front of me.
"Thanks.. but.. but I want to test.. I just.. just need some time" I answer with a shaky voice. Nick grabs my hand under the table.
"Take your time, there's no stress" he says and smiles at me. I smile back and take the first bite of dinner. Although it was very good, it was also my last bite of the dinner. I swallow the food and push the plate forward from me.
"I... I can't... sorry" I say with my face in my hands. I feel Nick put his hand on my back.
"No problem Charlie, you tried and it was very brave of you" Sarah says. I look up from my hands and see her smiling at me. She is always so kind and genuine, why can't my own mother be like that?

After dinner, me and Nick finished the movie, and then I went home. When I get home, I try to sneak in, because I think everyone is asleep - it's pretty late. But just as I'm about to go up the stairs, I hear footsteps coming from the kitchen. I get a little stressed and start to wonder what my mom might say or do, but to my surprise, it's not mom who comes - it's Tori. I stand on the stairs and look at her.
"What happened?" She says emotionlessly. I furrow thoughtfully. What does she mean? But when I figure out what she means, I just shake my head at her.
"Not here Tori, come" I say and go up the stairs and into my room. Tori follows and closes the door behind her.
"Soooo?" Tori says, standing with her arms crossed. I'm sitting on the bed and don't really want to talk about it, not right now anyway. Just want to sleep right now. I have to get up early for school tomorrow.
"Mom and I argued, I went home to Nick, had a panic attack, passed out and now I'm here - anything else you wanna know?" I say stressed, almost a little angry, and look at her with a tiredness.
"Passed out..? That have't happened in a long time" she says back worried. She walks closer and sits on the side of my bed. I don't dare to meet her gaze and therefore just look down at my lap.
"If it ever happens again, you tell me" she says and walks out of my room. She closes the door behind her and I get ready to go to bed - Not really sure how to feel right now. And of course, I also write 'goodnight' to Nick before I go to sleep.