Chapter 13

!TW - Mention of Anxiety, Stress, Sexual Assault!

Ben tries to put his lips on mine, but I manage to get out of his grasp at the last second, before he can do anything else. Something worse. I turn away from him and run out of the library with shaking legs. I keep running until I can't see the school anymore. Only then do I stop. With shaky hands, I take out my phone from my pocket and dial Nick's number. It doesn't take long before he answers.
"N.. Nick.." I say almost in a whisper, with a breathless and scared voice.
"Charlie, is everything all right?" Nick asks confused and worriedly. I hear in his voice how he understands that something has happened. But at the same time I don't want to disturb him, so I don't answer he's question.
"hey, talk to me" he says on the phone after I've been quiet for a while to catch my breath.
"I.. er.. he.. erm..." That's all I manage to get out with my shaky voice.
"char, breathe. In. Out." Nick says and I do as I'm being told. Just hearing Nick's voice makes me so much calmer and safer.
"Charlie, come to my house and we can talk about this" Nick suggests and I manage to get out a little 'yeah' in response. Then we hang up.

When I come to Nick's house, he makes two cups of tea before we go up the stairs and into his room. He closes the door behind him with his foot and places the two cups of tea on the bedside table next to the bed. I sit down on the floor, using the bed as a backrest, and Nick does the same - sitting down next to me. He takes my hand and looks at me.
"You okay?" He asks in a low voice. I don't know what to answer. Honestly, I don't really know how I feel right now. But I just nod in response to his question. Not really in the mood to talk, even though I know I need to.
"What happened?" He then asks. The thought of what happened makes me shake a little, but I still feel like I have the stress and anxiety under control.
"I.. I met Ben. After school.." I answer quietly, looking down at the floor.
"did..did he..." is all Nick manages to say before I look up at him and shake my head quickly.
"No, no I managed to run away..." I answer. He gives me a small smile, but I can tell he's still worried. But he tries to hide it. I hug him tight, but he doesn't hug me back.
"Is.. is it okay.." Nick asks nervously. I nod and
I can feel him then hug me back. Tighter.