Issue #3 - At The Bottom Of The Barrel

And just like that, three months passed of being one of the various goons of Mother Wasp.

So far the three months have been uneventful, probably the least happening since this whole crime gig started. Which is, for the most part, a good thing if you didn't know.

Trust me, you don't want heroes regularly knocking on your door and looking for the big baddie.

I think most of that though is because Mother Wasp has been staying under the radar. She's yet to make her debut as a villain in Champion City, and she's only had us thugs do some minor deeds.

So for the most part we've just been guarding and readying her base of operations, the same warehouse in which we first met her.

So now this little warehouse has an armory, a lounge, a whole area for the bees and wasps, and a vault. Also a lot of yellow walls because someone stole a few yellow spray cans and was then told to use them to decorate.

A lot better conditions than what us grunts mostly get. On the other hand though, we haven't gotten paid that much. I mean it's enough to scrap by, but I'm going to need a higher pay job soon.

Don't look at me like that, can you blame me?

"In other news, a new hero has been welcomed into Champion City..." The news on the television floated into my ear, catching my attention.

Five grunts all sat on the old couch that had been found and brought into Mother Wasp's base, all watching the news. I walked over, standing behind the couch and watching the television in interest.

"The vigilante simply known as the one in the fox mask has finally appeared again, this time officially as a hero." The news reporter spoke, a blurry image of the vigilante standing in the cafe over Death Dagger.

I guess I'm pretty fortunate that they didn't catch me in the photo. Or maybe they thought I was unimportant enough to cut.

Which, ouch, but thanks I guess?

I'd rather keep myself, especially my face, low on the radar. When you're in this business, it can become dangerous otherwise.

"The hero, now known as Foxfire, helped save civilians from a burning building alongside Stellar." The reporter continued, showing a new photo taken off the vigilante holding someone outside of an apartment covered in fire and smoke.

Their suit hadn't seemed to have changed much, wearing a black hoodie with blue vertical stripes on the arms, black camo pants, and then the same kitsune mask.

Okay, another hero I'll have to make note of. They have some sort of fire manipulation ability, specifically pertaining to blue color.

"You six dearies sure seem free, don't you?" A voice suddenly spoke from behind us.

The five grunge on the couch bolted upright, turning around to nervously look at Mother Wasp,who usually stuck to her room, was now standing right there. I felt a cold sweat run down my masked face at the sudden appearance of our boss.

Come on, I only stopped for a moment...

"My plans are coming along nicely. But for my next step, I need some help. How do you feel about a higher risk job? One in which you'll be rewarded handsomely." She smirked.

"I'm in." I immediately responded.

I seriously need another large payment. And possibly climbing a little higher on the ladder of goon-ery as I call it isn't bad either.

Or you could just say I want a promotion if you'd like to be boring.

And as for if it's too risky, well I could bail and never return. Wouldn't be my first rodeo!

Just An Ordinary Henchman (Yandere Superhero Harem)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara