Issue #72 - My Main Goal Is To Blow Up

I finished typing the text to Alexis, looking back from my phone at the sight before me. In front of my very own eyes were at least fifty of these armored soldiers, each one of them expertly outfitted and ready to serve Stromford.

You're probably a little lost, aren't you?

Let's rewind a little bit!

Earlier today...

Sophie and I are sitting on top of a roof nearby our target building. Sophie is, as always, outfitted in her maid outfit.

Meanwhile I'm in my Checkmate fit, with my black combat pants, hoodie, and my signature mask covering my face with a ski mask under it.

I had two pistols stashed in holders on my belt, two extra magazines, and my grappling gun, along with a knife strapped to my thigh. I also had a spare ski mask stashed, juuuuuuuuust in case~!

"Most of the guards are situated in the front." A voice filled of honey spoke straight into my ear. "There's only two in the back. If you can take them down you can easily sneak in."

"Good." I spoke aloud.

Mother Wasp modified those ear-pieces we used before, so now they don't need a code word and they work at longer distances. This way she can easily contact Sophie and I about what she sees using her bees.

It makes her perfect as a support and scouter.

"Time for our second hit." I grinned, stretching my body. I looked out into the distance, where smoke was flying into the air. We already managed to blow up one of Stromford's secret bases, so a lot of attention will be focused over there.

We were lucky enough to escape before Stellar or any other heroes arrived, and it's time to keep the train moving. Get in, and get out.

Plant the bombs, grab anything important if it happens to be there, then leave and detonate!

"You find the stash?" I turned towards Sophie.

"Yes." Sophie replied, pulling out a couple of remote bombs. She grabbed the remote detonator, handing it over to me.

"Man am I glad this has a lid, it'd be terrible if I accidentally pressed it." I chuckled, making sure it was secure and safe before pocketing it.

Sophie would be fine, and as for myself...I have no clue honestly, not sure how far my regeneration goes. But I'd rather not find out, because I would assume it would be mighty painful.

See, explosion plus Jason equals OWUAAAGH!!!!

Doesn't sound like a fun time to me.

"Right, let's start the party!" I smirked. I descended down the side of the building, doing pretty well until the end where I slipped and crashed onto the floor.

I quickly pulled myself up, approaching the wired fence that surrounded this secret compound. It's supposed to be a long abandoned warehouse but the last I remember abandoned warehouses don't have guards.

"Sophie." I nodded towards her.

Two of her fingers morphed, turning into a pair of wire cutters. She started cutting the wires, and in a minute she had made a large enough hole for us to crawl through.

"You are too impressive." I grinned, crawling through. Sophie quickly followed after.

We were now crouched behind a crate filled with a whole lot of "I don't know and I don't care cause it's probably gonna get blown up anyways".

I glanced around the crate, seeing the two guards in front of a large, closed metal commercial door. Next to the commercial door was a normal door, and that was our ticket in.