02

Mike came home early the next morning, his eyes meeting those of Samira's as she looked up at him from the couch. "How was it Mike?" She yawns out as the man sat next to her, looking down.

"Uh, it was interesting." Mike says as he looks at the woman next to her. "Interesting how?" The woman questions, moving her feet to the floor so she was sitting upright. "Just...interesting I guess." Mike says as Samira stood up.

"I got Abby to eat some of the lasagna but-" "Wait, you made lasagna? Samira you didn't have to." Mike says, Samira smiling softly.

"I care about you guys, also there's a tupperware in the fridge." Samira says softly. Mike flushed as she walked past him. "Thank you." Mike says softly as Samira smiles and walks out the door.

----

Samira stood by her phone, twirling the cord. "Hello?" The groggy voice of Mike comes out, Samira sighing in relief. "Mike, I switched shifts with Calvin, and he works overnight." Samira says, Mike sighing softly. 

"I can ask Max if she can come by tonight, good luck." Mike says, Samira sighing. "I'm sorry." She says lightly. 

"Don't be, please just be careful." Mike says, Samira nodding slightly. "I will, bye Mike." The woman says softly. "Bye Samira." Mike says as he hangs up.

That night Samira stood behind the counter, leaning her head in the palm of her hand. Slowly dozing off until she heard a scream, a little girl's scream. 

She ran outside towards the street where a dad held his daughter, the little girl laughing and screaming wildly. Samira watched for a few moments, the rapid heartbeat in her chest slowed, calming her down.

"It's fine Samira." The woman mutters to herself, remaining on edge for the rest of her shift. 

The next morning, Samira walked towards the Schmidt household, her eyes heavy. She hears a light horn honk behind her, the woman turning and seeing Mike.

"You look tired." Mike says as he rolls down the windows, looking at the woman. "So do you." Samira says. "You need a ride? We can go back to my house." Mike says, the woman nodding softly. 

She walked towards the passenger side and got in the car, Mike smiled at her softly as she leaned her head against the window.

"Hey Mike?" Samira questions, sitting up and looking over at the man. "Yeah?" Mike questions as she leans over. "Thank you." She says, kissing his cheek.

Mike's eyes widen, momentarily forgetting to drive until he hears a horn honk behind him. Mike gulped lightly, driving ahead and back to his house.

It was a Saturday morning, so Abby was awake and drawing in the living room. Samira sat next to Abby who grinned happily, hugging the woman tightly.

"Hey Abs, what you working on?" Mike questions as he sits on the couch, his legs against the small coffee table.

The girl refused to speak, Samira sending her a look. "All right. I guess you don't want this, then." Mike says as he hands Abby a badge.

The girl examines it, the woman turning and smiling at the man who sent her a small smile. "It's cool, huh?" Mike questions, his eyes flickering between Abby and the woman. 

Abby moves her hand back, the badge clanking on the table. "Abby." Samira scolds lightly. "Okay." Mike says as he grabs the badge, standing up and walking towards the large shelf.

Samira stood up and walked over, watching as Mike slammed the junk drawer closed. "I'm trying my best, Abby, okay?" Mike says as he walks away, Samira following.

"Mike." Samira says softly, Mike simply walking over and hugging her. "Hey." She says, lightly running her hand up and down his back in comfort.

Suddenly a loud crash echoed throughout the house, Mike separating himself away from the woman.

"Stay here." Mike says as he walks out, suddenly a knock sounding from the door. Samira walked out of the room to where Mike had begun to open the door.

"Hey. Vanessa." Mike says. "Hey, Mike." Vanessa says as she notices Abby and Samira behind the man, the woman having an arm wrapped around the girl. 

"And hello." Vanessa says as she smiles at the two. "Vanessa this is Abby and Samira. Samira and Abby, this is Vanessa." Mike says.

"Hi Abby, hi Samira. Mike didn't tell me he was married, or that he had a daughter." Vanessa says, Samira flushing a bright red as Abby nudged her.

"Gross." Abby says, Mike looking back at the duo. "No, uh. Abby's my sister." Mike says, this caused Samira's blush to brighten since he didn't deny the other statement.

"Ah. Well, he didn't tell me he had a sister either." Vanessa says. "Are you here to arrest Mike?" Abby questions, Samira chuckling. "I don't think so mija." Samira says as she smiles at Mike.

"Let's go play in your room. It was nice meeting you Vanessa." Samira says as she sends one last smile to the woman, walking with Abby to her room.

"My friends want to meet you." Abby says as she holds a doll, Samira holding the other one. "Oh yeah?" Samira questions, Abby nodding.

"Can you ask Mike if we can go with him tonight? My friends are there." Abby says, Samira's heart dropping. "You want to go to Freddy's?" The woman questions, Abby humming in agreement.

"I can talk to him about it, maybe he'll let you go." Samira says as she moves the doll to be closer to Abby." But I want us both to go, I want my friends to meet you." Abby says, pouting slightly.

"I'll talk to him." Samira says softly, Abby grinning happily and tackling the woman in a hug. Samira laughs happily as the girl giggles.

----

When Mike came back to the house, Samira walked over to him. "Mike?" She questions, the man looking over at her. "Yeah?" Mike questions as she walks over.

"Abby told me to ask, but she would really like to come. I'll be there the whole time with her I promise." Samira says, Mike sighs.

"I don't know Samira." Mike says, the woman sends him her best puppy dog eyes. "I'll be there the entire time, what can go wrong?" Samira questions.

That night, Samira had built a tent big enough for herself and Abby to share. She placed a lamp next to the tent, Abby falling asleep in front of Samira.

"Do you want me to turn the light off?" Mike questions, looking down at the woman. "I'm okay Mike." She says as she runs a hand through Abby's hair.

Mike leaves the room, beginning to clean up, the woman simply listening and beginning to doze off. "You still awake Samira?" Mike questions as he walks back in.

"Yeah." Samira says softly, Mike kneeling down and looking right at her. "Good night." He says softly, the woman smiling back up at him. "Good night Mike." She says as she falls asleep.

"Samira." She hears Abby whisper, shaking the woman awake softly. Samira woke up to Abby smiling above her. "My friends are ready to meet you." Abby says, this caused Samira's heart to drop.

Samira held Abby's hand as they stood up, standing by Mike. "We'll be right back." Abby says as they walk out into the dining room, Samira seeing the curtain slightly open.

"I know you're back there. Might as well come out." Abby says to the dark corner of the stage. Suddenly yellow eyes appeared, Samira's eyes widening. "Oh my god." The woman says as the animatronic comes out, a giant bear being revealed.