𝐓𝐰𝐨

Caterina

Has it been five days? A week? It's hard to keep track of time when there's no windows in this small room. No phone, no tv, no clocks.

Nothing but these four fucking walls and the few pieces of furniture it has. That and the bathroom, but I don't spend much time in there considering it's the only one.

Dolion is a jerk, and I hate having to share the space with him. I know for a fact there's more to this safe house than just this one bedroom and bathroom, because Dolion does not stay with me in here.

After annoying me for a few minutes here and there he leaves out the only other door in the bedroom besides the bathroom door, the way out.

I've been able to peek around him as he exits, only seeing plain grey walls in what appears to be a hallway. He's leaving me in this little fucking room while he can come and go as he pleases.

I sit on the bed, biting at my nails. It's a bad habit that I can't seem to help when my anxiety acts up. I've been locked away against my will, to say I'm on the verge of another mental breakdown is an understatement.

I stop biting my nail when I accidentally make myself bleed, turning my attention from the book I was reading to inspect my awful looking fingers.

My nails were starting to look good before all this happened. I wasn't biting the ever loving shit out of them like I am now.

I set the book down on the bed, going to stand and wash my hands in the bathroom before putting some lotion on. It's not much but it's all I can do for now.

With the water running I don't notice Dolion walking in where I'd left the door open since I was only going to wash my hands.

Our eyes meet in the reflection of the mirror, his icy blue ones burning into my hazel ones.

"What do you want now?" I grumble out.

"I just needed to use the bathroom, but I see I interrupted." He grins at me as he holds up the romance novel in his hand, then looks down at my hands covered in soap.

It takes only seconds for me to connect to dots. You dirty little shit, your mind stays in the gutter, you perv.

"As much as I'm sure you'd get super excited, I'm not in here finger fucking myself. I'm biting the skin off my hands because of how absolutely anxiety ridden I am being stuck with your horrible ass." I get done rinsing my hands, drying them off and then putting some of my buttercream lotion on.

"Perv." I mumble quietly as I finish.

I turn and look at him, and I wanna hit him, I really do. Break that perfect nose of his. He ignores me, his eyes cast down as he reads the chapter I had left off on. The one where the female lead is being taken roughly by the male character.

"Is this really what you chose to toss into your bag? Of all the books? And you call me a perv." He laughs darkly, looking up at me with his teasing blue eyes.

I can feel my face blush despite my anger. He's making fun of me and I'm not amused one fucking bit.

"What does it matter to you what I read? You always manage to pop in at odd times. Are you watching me?" My heart stutters at the idea.

His teasing smile fades as his face turns angry, glaring at me. "I'm not fucking watching you. I have no need, you can't escape, and I couldn't care any fucking less what you do in here with your porno books, baby girl."

He doesn't believe me.

I storm up to him, ripping my book from his hand, tossing my free hand up in his face to show him my ruined nails.