𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

Caterina

"We're almost there." Dolion's voice calls out, waking me from my sleep in the backseat.

I sit up and rub my eyes, looking around and taking in the interior of the car I didn't pay much attention to till now.

This thing has to be expensive.. of course.

I look out the window and take note of the lack of snow. Good, that stuff was horrible.

"Where are we?"

"We're halfway to New Mexico, I figured we'll stop here and stock up on things we need, get a place for the night, and then finish the rest of the drive early tomorrow."

"Why are we headed there though?"

"I know someone who can help get us out of the area, for now."

"Where are you planning on taking me?"

"I can't tell you that yet, you'll know once we've left."

"I don't like that, there has to be something else we can do."

"Listen princess, I'm doing what needs done. I'm doing my job, just sit back and trust me."

"That's laughable." I mumble.

"While we're in public you can't use my name."

"Why the hell not?"

"How many Dolion's do you know, Cat?"

He's got me there, I hadn't even heard the name till him.

"Okay, fair enough I guess.." I stare out the window, taking in the scenery, when it hits me.

"I killed someone." I say quietly.

"You saved my ass, Cat. Don't think too hard on it."

I've never even attacked someone before, and I just killed someone.

"Oh my God." I bite my lower lip and close my eyes, letting it really hit me.

"Stop. You can't cry over someone like that, who knows what his plans were once he got to you. He could have killed us both."

"I'm not used to this lifestyle, I left this shit show as soon as I could, I left everything behind so I wouldn't have to deal with these things.." My voice trembles, though I refuse to cry.

"It gets easier with time."

"I don't want it to get easier, I want to go back to being normal and boring."

"You want to stay innocent and naive, and that's just not how life works. Not for me, and not for you."

"I'd rather stay innocent than be dragged down to your level."

"You think you can come out of this unscathed?"

"I know I can come out of this the same person. I'll never be brought down to your level."

"Mm, that sounds like a challenge, princess."

"Take it as you will, you can't break me."

I watch as a down right devilish smile graces his stupidly handsome face.

"Oh, Cat." He laughs darkly as he pulls into a parking lot, parking the car in a spot in front of a small motel.

He takes his seatbelt off and turns in his chair to look directly at me.

"I think I'll enjoy bringing you down to my level."

"Excuse me?"

"In fact, I think it'll be down right fun breaking you down, baby girl."