𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

Caterina

I jolt up from a deep sleep, instantly feeling alarmed at the commotion I can hear coming from the bathroom, the door left open and the lower light on within it.

I rub my eyes as I toss my blanket off of me, instantly missing the warmth as I dangle my legs over the side of the bed before setting my feet flat on the floor.

I think I hear something shatter as I inch closer to the door, trying to decide if it's wise of me to enter or not, knowing it's Dolion inside.. or maybe at this point I'm hoping it's the big meathead of a man.

The door is already halfway open, and I decide to slowly open it the rest of the way, revealing a scene similar to one I've seen in horror movies.

A trail of blood can be seen leading to the shower that's currently running. A large bloody handprint on the wall, showing signs of struggling to stand.

In the corner near the toilet sits a broken bottle of vodka. So that's the sound I heard..

I swallow nervously before letting my eyes rest on the shower, knowing Dolion must be in there, and apparently injured.

What the hell is going on?

I can't help it as I begin to tremble slightly, all my limbs suddenly feeling stiff with panic.

"Dolion?" I question quietly.

Everything remains silent as the water is shut off to the shower. The silence seems to stretch on forever before Dolion suddenly smacks the shower open, revealing his bare and bloody form to me.

"Oh my God!" I shout, my eyes refusing to look at any other part of his body other than the bloody wound on his side.

I grab the towel hanging from the back of the door and rush over to him, not thinking my actions through as I help him sit down on the floor, halfway covering his lower half as I take in the damage that's been done to him.

"What the hell? What's going on?" My voice comes out shaky and scared, but I'm too stunned to care.

"The Russians.. fuck.." He pauses to cough before continuing. "A Russian found our hide out. We're lucky it was just one scout, but if he managed to get word out before I killed him then we aren't safe here."

Killed him?

The hair on my arms raises up, my fear starting to feel overwhelming. Suffocating.

"He.. he shot you, didn't he?"

"Yeah, fortunately it's not deep, I think you should be able to get it out and sew me up before we pack up and leave here."

"You want me to do what?" I hiss out, mortified.

He glares at me. "I can't do it myself, especially if the pain makes me pass out. There's a first aid kit under the sink, everything you need should be in there."

I eye his side, and then my trembling hands. "Dolion I'm not a doctor or even a nurse, I don't know how to do this.. We need to get you to the hospital."

"Fuck no, we can't go to a hospital, they'll ask too many questions about the fucking bullet hole in my side. Don't be a damn wimp, and help me." Dolion seems furious, but I know his anger is just a mask to hide the amount of pain he's in.

I stand and walk over to the sink, opening the cabinet underneath it and grabbing out the first aid kit. Luckily he was right, this thing really does have everything I'll need.

I kneel down beside him again, grabbing out supplies from the kit. I grab the wound cleaning solution first, planning to pour some directly on him before I start.