𝐹𝒶𝓂𝑜𝓊𝓈 𝐵𝒾𝓇𝓉𝒽𝒹𝒶𝓎𝓈 - 𝒲𝒾𝓀𝒾𝓅𝑒𝒹𝒾𝒶

FAMOUS BIRTHDAYS

Amalia Schröder

# 636 most popular | ☆ boost

birthday
march 30, 1998 (age 17) Aries

birthplace
Berlin, Germany

height
5ft 8

about
Amalia Schröder is a German race car driver who was the first female in formula 3. She made her Formula One debut in 2016 at 17 years old and 356 days, she became the second youngest Formula One driver.

before fame
She grew up around the race track and by the age of 4 she was following in her brother's footsteps in karting.

trivia
She is a Dior Global Ambassador and uses her social media platforms to promote diversity and inclusion in motorsports. She has started scholarship programs for young female drivers and regularly participates in outreach events to encourage girls to pursue careers in motorsports.

family life
Born to Alexander Schröder, a member of a high-class family from Frankfurt, Germany and a renowned socialite, and Camille Laurent, a model from Lyon, France. Also sister to Axel Schröder (1992-2014) Sauber-Ferrari Formula One driver.

associated with
Best friend's with Phoebe Lambert and Katie Moore.

WIKIPEDIA

Amalia Schröder

Amalia Claire Schröder (German: Αμαλία ˈʃrəʊdər; born 30 March 1998) is a German and French racing driver currently competing in Formula One

Amalia Claire Schröder (German: Αμαλία ˈʃrəʊdər; born 30 March 1998) is a German and French racing driver currently competing in Formula One. She had a very successful karting carer. From an early age dominated races earning many junior karting championships and later progressed to Formula 3 in 2015. She now races in Formula One at Williams Martini Racing.

Personal life
────────────────
                    Amalia Schröder was born on 25th March 1998 in Berlin, Germany to Alexander Schröder and Camille Laurent. Her mother is a model known for her many runway appearances born 1965. Camille grew up in a poor-class family in Lyon, France. At the age of 10, her family moved to the United States where she was enrolled in school and began her modelling career. Her father Alexander Schröder (1953) is from Frankfurt, Germany born into a high-class and influential family. Alexander born an only child inherited his family's wealth and winery business at the age of 17 after his father died in 1972. Amalia's parents met while studying in the States.

Amalia has one sibling, of whom she is the younger sibling. Her older brother Axel Schröder born July 14, 1994, is 4 years older than her and was the one who introduced her to karting. At the age of 4, Axel began karting and later raced in Formula 1 in 2014 at Sauber- F1 Team in his rookie season. On July 27, 2014, during the Hungarian Grand Prix, Axel was hit from the side sending his car flying and skidding across the asphalt. After being brought to the hospital unconscious and unresponsive just a few weeks past his twenty-first birthday Axel was declared dead. Axel's death was the first to result from an on-track incident in Formula One in over 20 years. To honour her late brother Amalia took up the number 24 which was his number throughout his racing career. 2014 was a hard year in Formula One flowing the crash of Jules Bianchi's at the Japanese Grand Prix passing away later on the 17 of July 2015 after spending nine months in a coma following the accident.   

Junior career
────────────────

Karting
Amalia Schröder's journey through the world of karting is nothing short of remarkable. Starting at the tender age of 4, she embarked on a racing journey that mirrored her older brother's. By the time she was 7, she was already competing in karting championships.

In 2006, at the age of 7, she made her mark in the mini-junior championship, setting the stage for a series of impressive achievements. The following year, at just 8 years old, Amalia became the German Junior Karting Champion and secured the German Kart Championship.

As she progressed through her early teens, Amalia's talent continued to shine. In 2011, at the age of 12-13, she stood as the CIK-FIA World Cup - KF3 runner-up, an impressive feat considering she was competing against the likes of Charles Leclerc.

In 2012 she reached the success of clinching the CIK-FIA Karting European Championship in the KF3, signalling the beginning of her dominance on the European karting scene. By the time she reached the age of 14, Amalia ventured into the KF2 categories, showcasing her versatility on the track.

The following years saw her ascend to new heights. In 2013 and 2014, Amalia asserted her dominance in the German Karting Championship and CIK-FIA World Cup karting events, clinching the title in the competitive KZ2 category.

The pinnacle of her karting achievements came in 2014, at the age of 15. Amalia not only secured victory in the CIK-FIA World Championship in the KF1 category but also emerged triumphant in the WSK Euro Series in the KZ1 class. Her success extended to the CIK-FIA European Championship, where she claimed the top spot in the KF category.

The dual triumph in the CIK-FIA World Championship and the CIK-FIA European Championship in the KF category in 2014 further solidified Amalia's status.

Formula 3
In January 2015, Schröder made her first appearance racing in FIA European Formula 3 Championship with Prema Powerteam making her the first female driver to make it into Formula 3. She competed against fellow rookies Lance Stroll and Alexander Albon. Starting the year strong taking home 4 podiums out of 5 races and then 5 first-place finishes throughout the rest of the season. She consistently stayed in the top ten. Schröder fished 3rd in the Drivers Championship behind Antonio Giovinazzi and in front of fellow rookies Charles Leclerc and George Russell. She also finished first place ahead of Leclerc in the rookie championship standings with 552.

Fromula 1 career
────────────────

Williams Martini Racing (2016 -
In January 2016, Schröder became the second youngest and first female Formula One driver at the age of 17 years and 356 days. Making her debut on in the 2016 season on March 20, 2016 at the Australian Grand Prix. In her first race, Schröder ran into points-scoring positions until a slow pitstop put her just out of point in position 12...

Other ventures
────────────────

Schröder is a big activist for women's opportunities in the racing world and works closely with organizations to promote diversity and inclusion. She has started scholarship programs for young female drivers and regularly participates in outreach events to encourage girls to pursue careers in motorsports. She is a part time model and a brand ambassador for Dior.