𝒮𝒾𝓍

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

Amalia awoke to the constant sound of notifications coming from her phone. Groggily, she glanced over to the other side of the bed, where Charles and Phoebe lay fast asleep. The two friends, who had been slightly inebriated the night before, were now intertwined, cuddled up together in a surprisingly adorable manner.

As Amalia sat up and began replying to a few messages, a contact notification for her mother suddenly appeared on her screen. Dread flowed through her, making her hesitate before answering. She took a deep breath, mentally preparing herself for whatever conversation awaited.

She hesitated, then decided to climb out of bed, letting the phone ring as she ordered coffee through room service. In her slightly hungover state, caffeine seemed like a necessity before delving into a potentially challenging conversation with her mother.

As she waited for the coffee to arrive, her phone stopped ringing, only to be followed by a flood of messages. Amalia took a moment to brace herself before checking the notifications, wondering what her mother had to say and what might be awaiting her in those messages.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

iMessages

Mother
Amalia Schröder answer your phone this
instance.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

The string of messages from her mother were normal and Amalia was used to them but her mother hadn't even congratulated her on her accomplishments from yesterday. after leaving early the least she could do was send a text message.

Housekeeping knocked on the door lightly, delivering a tray with coffee and a small breakfast. As Amalia read through her mother's messages, her appetite dwindled, and the once enticing breakfast lost its appeal. Deciding to leave it for whichever of her friends woke up first and might want it, Amalia focused on making her coffee instead.

With coffee in one hand and phone in the other, Amalia made her way to the outside patio. Closing the door behind her, she settled into the comfortable couch, basking in the warmth of the sun before deciding to call her mother back.

Amalia took a deep breath before hitting the call button on her phone to call her mother back.

Her mother wasted no time and started speaking right away, her tone stern and critical, "Amalia, finally, you answer. At least I know you're not incompetent. I'm not happy you made me wait this long; I have things to do. I'm very busy, and I don't have time to call my daughter who is constantly messing up."

Amalia, maintaining a calm demeanor, replied, "Hello, Mother. Nice to speak to you too. I'm good, thanks for asking."

Her mother dismissed the niceties, saying, "Enough with the sarcasm, Amalia. I don't have time for it."

"Sorry, Mother," Amalia responded.

The scolding continued, her mother expressing disappointment, "Amalia, I'm very disappointed in you. I find out from my assistant that you went out partying last night. It is unacceptable; think of the reputation of this family, Amalia. You dressed like a whore last night. It's embarrassing. The dress didn't even fit you. Honestly, your stomach was an eyesore, and your legs were spilling out."

Amalia defended herself, "Mother, I'm sorry. I never party, but last night was a celebration for the end of the season. I won the rookie championship! And came third! Which you would have known if you stayed for the whole thing."