~Chapter 26~

Adriana leaned against the archway of her doorway with her left leg peering through the slit of her dress. Her hair styled mostly to one side creating a massive amount of volume, the loose curls sitting perfectly on her breasts.

"Before we go anywhere, I'd just like to say I don't appreciate being summoned to go on a date"

"Hello to you too Adriana. You look stunning" Salvatore smiled holding out a medium sized box in the palm of his left hand.

"Another gift? You know what I'd really prefer?"

"I'm certain you're going to tell me"

Adriana laughed shaking her head at him unimpressed, "funny, you come with jokes too. I'd prefer you come over here yourself to ask me out"

"Well I was busy"

"You weren't busy enough to pick out this dress"
Adriana pushed herself up to an upright position no longer leaning on the door frame.

"Time very well spent I see" Salvatore replied admiring all her perfect curves which his dress complimented very well. He flipped the velvet box open revealing a thick white gold diamond encrusted bangle. Immediately he looked to Adriana studying her expression.

"Oh my gosh... Salvo... I can't accept that" she was absolutely floored by his extreme generosity. What was he thinking buying that? She thought to herself, her jaw still wide open.
Salvatore smiled removing the bangle and handing her the empty box. He then took her left hand and slid the bangle over her hand and wrist.

"This is why you bewilder me Adriana. Most women would be ecstatic to take it, you're first reaction on the other hand, well it makes me want to buy you so much more" He leaned his head down and raised her hand slightly allowing his lips to lightly graze the top of her hand. He stared into her eyes and planted a peck on it watching her suddenly swallow hard. Adriana bit her lip slightly and slowly slid her hand away and back by her side.
"Ready to go?" Salvatore queried

"Um yeah sure. Let me just get my purse and lock up" quickly she ducked back inside to retrieve her clutch purse and put the velvet box away before following Salvatore out to his car.

The sleek black GranTurismo Maserati was not the car Adriana was expecting to see before her. The surprises just continued to reveal themselves tonight. She obediently slid into the front passenger side and a few moments later they were on their way.

"A Maserati, really?" Salvatore chuckled while changing gears confidently making Adriana practically swoon in her seat. He looked absolutely amazing. His charcoal suit was clearly tailored to fit him perfectly. The sleek matching black tie in contrast with his white shirt, it was enough to make her mouth water. His tie was still quite loose and practically just hanging from his neck. She made a mental note to fix it later.

She suddenly found herself fixated on him, her eyes travelling from his tie upwards to admire his light stubble from his chin to across his defined jaw line. The same jaw line she fixated on that night during their lock up. Don't think of his lips, don't think of his lips. She continued to repeat these words inside her head trying to fight back the attraction which was brewing inside of her. How can this be happening right now? I can't survive the whole night like this!

"What are you thinking about?" Salvatore shut her thoughts down immediately. He could see her mind ticking away, she was awful at hiding her thoughts, she was far too quiet. Adriana quickly reached a button which switched on the radio, there was no way they were having a discussion about her actual thoughts right now.

Don't try to change me in any way, you don't own me...

Salvatore quickly pressed another button immediately changing the station. Adriana tilted her head to the side and looked at him smirking quite contently. "Not a fan of Grace?" She queried with innocence in her voice but certainly not plastered all over her face. "Hmm" he made a disapproving noise, "I wonder why that might be Adriana?" She shrugged again innocently.