~Chapter 38~

Hi there readers!

So before we get to chapter 38... In case you missed my previous A/N... this is a very important note to notify you all that Book Two of the series is now up on my profile.

Whispers in New York

If you could all please head on over there and check it out I would appreciate that a great deal!

Now I have made no promises on actually uploading the story to Wattpad. Firstly Silence in New York needs to prove it's growing in popularity - yep over to you guys! ;-)

Please comment, vote and add Silence in New York and Whispers in New York to your reading lists. This will help the book grow in exposure. Then I'll get more excited and write you all a whole new novel... I think that's a pretty fair trade off don't you think? Yeah I'm all about the bribes... After all I am writing about the mob right? LOL

Now back to Book One...

The interruption of loud music suddenly erupting within the apartment eventually forced the pair apart. Adriana quite reluctantly pulling away from Salvatore who was clearly attempting to hide his disappointment. The pair quietly reminding themselves that this was not the time for affectionate encounters.

She turned the shower off and pulled one of the two towels Salvatore had thrown over the shower door to wipe herself down. Salvatore followed her lead, still staring at her with hooded eyes.
The pair stepped out of the shower, Adriana disappearing into the bedroom for a minute to retrieve some clothes for herself. She pulled on some sweatpants and an off the shoulder sweater before making her way back to the bathroom with her wet towel as she vigorously towel dried her hair.

"Throw the towel back in the shower," Salvatore instructed reaching for his underwear within the duffle bag. "I'll get the guys to bleach your shower, I'll destroy the towels too." He secured his black suit pants and then pulled his white wife beater over his head.

"I feel like we're destroying everything in my apartment," Adriana responded throwing the towel back into the shower. "Why have they got the music on so loud?"

"They're using power tools." His reply coming out slightly blunt and without any real explanation. "Dry your hair," he ordered opening a draw to reveal a hairdryer and plugging it in for her. "Don't want you getting sick."

Don't want you getting sick? Adriana could not help but laugh out loud from his words. They were disposing of a body and his concern right now was her health? "I think I'll be ok" a slight chuckle escaping her mouth. She didn't think it were possible to laugh about anything tonight, but as always, Salvatore was constantly proving her wrong.

"Either you do it or I do it. Either way it's getting done," he stated holding out the hairdryer waiting for her to take it from him. For a few moments the pair seemed to be having a standoff. Neither speaking nor moving, just staring at each other waiting for the other person to crack first.

"Ok," she took the hairdryer from his grasp exhaling in an attempt to regain her patience with him. He was always so demanding and Adriana was hopeless at his games. Tonight it was better to just agree with everything and do whatever he requested. She was in no position to be making decisions of her own.

"Stay here and dry your hair. I'll be back." With that Salvatore exited the bathroom dressed in only his suit pants and a white wife beater.

================================================================================

Luca and Stefano were sweating profusely over Mike's body. It was a warm night and the apartment had no form of air-conditioning. Had they not been working over a body they would have certainly opened the balcony window for air. Instead they battled the task of sawing Mike's body into pieces in the heat.
Salvatore walked around the room picking up random objects with blood splatter disposing of them in another black bin bag. The biggest object was the throw rug beneath Mike which was saturated in evidence.