33

"What's up? What can I help with?" Angel asked nicely to the detective, who only gave him a small smile.

"We just need to ask a couple more questions."

"Sure." He said comfortably as he crossed his arms.

"How do you feel about your sister's relationship with Heeseung?"

"Like in what way?" He furrowed his eyebrows as he tilted his head.

"In general. What are your thoughts on their relationship?"

"I don't really mind. He's a great guy, my sister loves him, and I love Heeseung too."

"Do you have any discomforts?"

Angel thought for a bit before nodding his head.

"My sister fell for him too quickly. I thought it was just going to be a fling but she's taking it way more serious than I thought she would. I'm worried she'll end up heartbroken after this."

The detective hummed as he wrote it down on his notes.

"Where were you on the day of April 27th?"

"I was at my hotel room."

The detective hummed as he furrowed his eyebrows.

"What were you doing?"

"Just... chilling."

"By yourself?"

Angel chuckled a little as he bit his lip nervously.

"No."

"Who were you with?"

"Dal."

"Where was Rea at the time?"

"She was out with Heeseung."

The detective hummed again as Angel watched him write things down as his knee started to shake.

"You know, if we were to ask this Dal girl, if you were there with her, you wouldn't mind right? If we called her right now?"

Angel's eyes widened a little at the detective's words, but he nodded his head.

"She would tell you the truth. I think. Our fling was kind of hidden, so I'm not sure."

The detective nodded his head as he pulled out Angel's phone and passed it to him.

"Call her."

"My sister doesn't know anything about this does she?"

"About what?"

"About Dal. I don't want her to know I had a fling with her."

"Why not?"

"I have a girl, back home. Although we broke up a while back, Rea is still really good friends with her."

"Do you not trust your sister to keep your secret?"

"She's too honest for her own good." Angel shook his head as he looked at the phone, searching for Dal's number. "What do I say?"

The detective stared at Angel in confusion as he really seemed willing to call the girl and mention the time he spent with her, which meant that he wasn't at the tire office on the race track that night.

He had an alibi.

"Just call her and ask her a question about that day. I want you to mention the specific day."

Angel thought about his words before pressing call.

It rang for a couple of seconds before Dal picked up.