☆ Chapter 1 ☆

' Sword, the youngest boy born to a very wealthy business family. Though he could afford a private school, the boy had decided to go to a public school. His father didn't like the decision, but the boy was young and naive. He did not yet know the harshness of the world. So he could afford to let the boy make reckless decisions. '

' The young boy woke up the next morning, excited for his first day of 1st grade. He rushed out of bed, bouncing with excitement as he put on his clothes. It consisted of a bright red turtle-neck shirt with a black vest over it; dark grey jeans, and a black trench coat with some matching black sneakers. He brushed his hair, fixing it and making sure his horns looked good before grabbing his large black backpack and rushing out of his room. He sat down at the large table, having to sit on his knees in order to reach the eggs and toast, as he quickly ate so he could get to the bus in time. '

' ''Wait, Sword.'' '

' The boy turned around from hearing his fathers voice, smiling as he wiped his mouth and cleared his throat. '

' ''Good morning, father!'' The boy chirped to his father. '

' His father, Illumina, strided over to his son and placed a pendant around his neck, placing a small peck on his head. '

' ''Have a good day, son.'' Illumina gently pet his sons head before disappearing behind the large doors. '

' Sword smiled, washing his hands before dashing out the front door, greeting the security as he went and dashed down the long hidden drive-way. He huffed as he got to the end, standing there waiting for the bus to come and pick him up. His family had such a long and bumpy driveway for a reason. Since they were so rich, they couldn't risk anyone finding their residency; so they lived on a 2 mile long, gravel driveway with many bumps and pot-holes. No one would dare come down here; their cars would all break down and be stranded, and security would eventually get them. '

' Sword smiled as the bus came over, waiting for it to stop before getting on. There wasn't a single person on, so he just sat in the first seat to the left. He squeaked as the bus moved, it creaked and squealed randomly, and stopping made him jerk forward and slide around in his seat whenever there was a turn, small or big. He eventually came to a stop and pulled himself up, curiously looking at who was getting on. His eyes widened as he saw a boy about his age. He wore blue goggles on his head, with 2 pairs of blue horns that went backwards; with a ripped up baby blue shirt with only one long sleeve, torn up light grey shorts, and some dirty white shoes; even his backpack looked old and weathered. The boy looked away from him, scooting further into the seat and used his backpack to cover himself. Sword frowned, leaning back and playing with a stuffed animal he had brought with him. '

' The bus pulled into the school and the young boy smiled, putting his back pack on his back and walked out, walking into the building and looked around. It was small, only one story, and looked like it didn't have a gym, but still had a small commons. The boy slowly strided around, looking for his class. He was assigned to room 318, squeaking as he walked in and sat down at a random desk in the back. '

' ''You must be new! I'm Mrs.Green, your first grade teacher!'' Sword squeaked, looking up. '

' ''Why don't you put your back pack on the back of your chair?'' Sword nodded and turned around, putting his back pack on the back of his chair and sat down, tilting his head curiously when Mrs.Green put a laminated piece of paper on his desk with his name on it. '

' The boy looked at it curiously before looking up when someone sat next to him. It was the same boy from the bus. He saw Mrs.Green put another laminated piece of paper on his desk as well, reading that it said 'Rocket'. He guessed this was so everyone knew where they sat. He gently nudged the boy, frowning from seeing him flinch and shiver. '

' ''Are.. Are you ok?'' The young Rocket beside him looked up, sniffling and wiping his small tears from his eyes, looking away. '

' ''I-I'm f-ine..'' Sword frowned, taking off his trench coat and put it on him. '

' ''You look cold..!'' Rocket flinched, eventually loosening up and buried into the warm, thick coat. '

' ''Mmm...'' Sword smiled, watching as  other kids walked in and sat down at random desks. '

' Two others sat on the opposite ends of him and Rocket. One of them had large green horns that went backwards, while wearing a bright green cuffed shirt and a pair of black gloves. The other beside him sat down awkwardly, pulling his black hat down, which didn't fit his head from his large, yellow, upwards horns. He wore a yellow shirt just like the other kid's, but the back bulged out weirdly, and his long gloves pulled at his skin from what looks like long nails. Sword just shrugged it off, looking back at Rocket, who was dozing with the trench coat wrapped around him. The young boy smiled, gently pulling the coat over him more as he listened to the teacher talk at the front of the class. '

' About an hour passed and a loud noise sounded from above him, so he looked up to listen to the voice. ' 

' ''All students and teachers, please make your way to the commons. '' Sword gulped, gently prodding Rocket and backed up a bit when he jolted up. '

' ''H-Huh-?!'' Sword smiled. '

' ''We have to go somewhere now.'' Rocket nodded, keeping the coat wrapped around him, Sword guessing from how much he was shivering. '

' The two got up, Sword following close behind him as they walked to the commons. He whined from being squished between two other kids his age, but was glad one of them was Rocket. Rocket obviously didn't like being touched, so the young Sword tried to scoot away from him as much as he could, so that he would be comfortable. '

' After a while, someone yelled out, ''Kodiaks!'' And everyone clapped, yelled back, and fell silent. Sword wined, not liking loud noises or places and clung close to Rocket. He flinched, looking to Rocket when he felt him wrap the coat around the two of them. Sword smiled, quietly thanking him as he watched, scooting closer to the boy. '

'Sword winced from how loud and irritating the voice sounded over the speakers. He scooted closer to Rocket, gently pressing his cheek to his shoulder, smiling slightly when he didn't tense up or flinch. The young boy yawned, not being used to waking up extremely early and closed his eyes, dozing off for just a second. . . '

1199 Words.