#NomNomNoms #1 (Runners-up)

The first ever Corner Booth Contest was a huge success all in part to the phenomenal users who nominated stories they've found on Wattpad. There were thirty-three (33) nominations in total and it was incredibly difficult for each judge to select just one out of their pile of entries. The quality of stories to be found on Wattpad was--not surprisingly--fantastic, and the judges had nothing but good things to say for all nominated works. It's because of the fantastic writers out there who help the community, and for those who may only be readers who support the writers out there, that this entire event was a success, so I personally want to thank each and every one of you.

In here we are going to have listed three of the four people were were selected as finalists for our first Corner Booth Contest. They will each have a short interview of eleven (11) questions (same for each). These three are presented in no particular order.

First we have kristebelle with her story Red-Eye to Belfast nominated by Futurismo360 and Zoies2

The voice with witch kristebelle writes with is amazing and she hooked with the narrators trip to Northern Ireland. And now to our small interview with kristebelle

1. How did you come up with the idea for your story or poems?

My novel Red-Eye to Belfast is a non-fiction memoir based on the true story of the backpacking trip I went on when I was twenty-one. At the time I had recently graduated from university and it was pretty common among my group of friends to do a little travelling. So I jumped on the bandwagon, or airplane in this case and did it too. Recently I have felt the desire to write about it and I am finding the experience interesting. It is therapeutic for me I think.

2. Where do you draw your inspiration from while you write?

I draw much of my inspiration from poetry. In the mornings reading poetry is part of my daily routine. It often inspires me and gets my 'imaginative' brain ready to go.

Other times I get inspired when I am exercising, or occasionally driving, which is frustrating because I lose the thought by the time I get home. I need a little recorder with me at those times. That would look weird though.

There are other times I've received inspiration from dreams. Actually I've had two stories emerge entirely from a dream.

I think much of my creativity comes from the subconscious realm of my brain and learning how to fuel that and access it is critical to my style.

3. Where do you do the majority of your writing?

In my very tiny house, which is more like an English cottage, I share space with two dogs, a husband and a twelve year old and I don't have an office space. Therefore I find myself on my couch with my laptop when the family is out, dogs at my feet, or if the family is home I am often found snuggled in my bed typing away. (I love my bed.)

4. Are you a pantser or a planner?

Very, very, very much a pantser. As soon as I try to plan something I shut down. I've learned to follow the story in my imagination or it just doesn't work. Any time I've tried to plan I quickly lose my rhythm and my individual style. Over time I've become accustomed to that uncomfortable feeling of sitting back and following a story even though that can be, and is anxiety provoking. It seems I get better feedback when I "pants" as opposed to plan and that feedback has helped me to learn to trust the process.

I suppose if I had learned to play music I would have chosen jazz and improvised and jammed away but I didn't go that route, sadly. That is pretty much how I write though. It's like improvisational jazz.