Chapter 2

Johns POV
I left Marley's and walked to my house. I walked to the gray, broke down house, and through the old, broken, wood door. As I stepped in the doorway I almost ran over my mother, she was crouched in front of the door. My dad was screaming, his hands waving in the air, I moved in front of her quickly. My dad threw a beer bottle and it smashed on my head. I hit the floor. My mother crawled next to me whispering softly "I'm so sorry baby."
I was in and out of consciousness. Everything was in slow motion. My head rolled to look at my dad who was still screaming but I couldn't hear him, just my mom. He was waving a knife around in the air. I shook my head, somehow making myself totally conscious. I grabbed my mothers arm just in time to pull her down before the knife came whirling toward us, getting stuck in the dark, wooden door.
"Jesus Christ" I huffed softly
I watched him come toward us. He kicked me in the stomach and walked out the door. I scrambled to my feet, and helped my mother up by her arms. She was a pretty woman with straight blond hair. She was 5' but weighed just 90lbs. She was super skinny, but it kinda suited her. Her eyes were full of stress, but still bluer than the sea. I can't stand to see her like this, or my father. But he pays the bills and that's the only thing we live on. It really sucks. I want to get her out of this house but we don't have enough money. Marley said we could go to Brett's house but it wouldn't be right. Once she was standing on her own two feet mother protection kicked in. She was examining my head and looking for cuts and bruises everywhere.
"Jez mom relax I'm alright. Are you?"
"Yes, yes of course I am", she said still looking me over. I grabbed her shoulders and she looked up at me with tears in her eyes. I pulled her in for a hug "oh honey..... I just want you safe. And this isn't safe."
"You anit shittin", I said laughing
I walked her over to the couch. I went to the kitchen and made some tea. While the water was boiling I got her a blanket. Then her tea, cream no sugar. As soon as she was done with her tea she fell asleep listening to me hum.
And me? I sat right there next to her waiting for the bastard to come home. But he didn't. And I didn't care.