𝖘𝖎𝖝

chapter six is up!! 

vote, comment and enjoy!!

***

"Hey!" Irene greeted me with her trademark cheery smile.

"Hi." I followed her down the hall.

"I really like your outfit and your hair. The outfit has a very nice aesthetic. It actually reminds me of an outfit BTS wore one time in one of their concerts. Your hairstyle frames your hair nicely."

That was the first time someone gave me a compliment, and it sort of made my heart hurt, for some reason.

"Thanks. I appreciate it. But who is BTS?"

She gasped all of a sudden, stopping in the middle of the hallway, horror in her eyes, as if I just committed a crime. "You don't know who BTS is?"

"Sorry no."

"Girl, what have you been doing with your life?"

Fighting with the demons inside of me, trying to live and not die, following my mother's orders.

"BTS is a korean boy band, consisting of seven members. They are Jin, Suga, J-Hope, RM, Jimin, V and Jungkook. RM is the leader."

"Right, how about you make a presentation on them and send it to me. Or you can send me links and videos, which I'll try to watch."

"Right, give me your phone number." She had a determined look in her eye. "I'm going to make you an ARMY."

(an: i don't want to hear shit about this, because a lot of people were hating on it the first time. it's not a Y/N story so shut the fuck up)

"I suppose that means being a fan."

She just nodded, while typing my number on her phone. And she was already sending me links, buzzing my phone up with notifications. I have never felt more popular. That too was sarcasm.

"Ok, how about we go to class, now?"

Ah, how poetry was the bane of my existence. But at least we got villanelles out of the way, right. Today, we ended up writing a fairy tale poem. Thank goodness for that. It was easy to write it, which meant I had no homework besides revising it. But Ms. Rosaline said my poem was good.

It turned out that we had gym every other day. So on the days we didn't have gym, we instead had a free period. In which, I decided to spend my time at the library, while I encouraged Irene to hang out with her friends, after a lot of encouragement.

I appreciated the fact that she didn't want to leave me alone, but I did need time to myself.

I ended up at the fairytale sections, and pulled out a book called "The Fairytale Detectives." It was a really interesting and enjoyable read.

My lovely mother refused to let me do anything for my own desires, including reading books. Well it also included reading, sleeping, napping, eating, drinking water like a normal person. Actually, she treated me like an animal, but animals were treated better than I was.

The bell soon rang, which meant it was time for algebra. Irene was waiting outside the library for me, talking more about BTS. So far I learned their actual names, RM was the leader, Jungkook was the maknae, which meant the youngest one in the band. I also learned that there were so many lines - a visual line, vocal line, rap line, hyung line, maknae line. My brain was spinning around. Irene said that it was normal at first, but I would get used to it.

It turned out Ashley too was an ARMY. Serena liked their music too, but she wasn't as passionate about BTS like the other two were. She gave me a sympathetic smile, saying that at least we had each other now.