2. The lord of the rings

"No my book!!! Andrew why?" You cried out running up to your lord if the rings book 'the return of the king' all ripped up, destroyed pages all over the floor.

"Your always reading it instead of giving me the attention I deserve so I didn't have a choice y/n" Andrew said angrily looking at you as you sat on the ground holding the destroyed book.

"You could've just asked me instead of destroying my book, this is one of the last things I have from my parents" you felt tears form in your eyes.

"I DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT THEM!! You shouldn't either since I'm the only family that's important for you now, I'm all you need." He yelled at you and pushed you down further on the floor.

"You took me away from my parents and the rest of my family" you cried.

"Because I own you now, I'm all you need and deserve" as he said that he picked up the book from the floor and threw it with all his force on your head making you fall unconscious.

When you woke up your clothes were ripped off and you were covered in bruises, god knows what he had done to you while you were still unconscious.
_______________

"Are you there?" Spencer asked you.

"What? Yeah sorry, I'm here. I'll be there in about half an hour" you said snapping back from your thoughts.

"Okay good, if the case is too much then you don't have to come, you know?" He told you.

"I know but I can handle it I promise, see you soon Reid"

"See you" he hung up the phone call.

The car was playing some random music from the radio but you didn't pay attention. The only thing you could think about was the case and how to not act like something wasn't okay.

The team deserved to know the truth but you couldn't tell them, not in this state at least. You knew that they would never in a million years judge you but it was still a small part of you that felt like they would. Andrew had destroyed your way of thinking which you knew and wanted to change but it was hard, he was an amazing manipulator that you fell for, before you were an official profiler. You were gonna tell the team one day, when you were ready and built up the courage to do it.

You parked the car outside the police station in some place in Virginia. Hotch had sent that address to you. The car key made a click sound when you locked the car doors before walking in to the station.

Your eyes met with Hotch, JJ then Spencer's big hazel eyes that lit up when he saw you. You walked up to them and smiled and shook your hand with one of the police officers.

"This is agent Y/N Y/L/N" Hotch introduced you to a policeman.

"Nice to meet you" you told the police.

"You too, Y/N. I'm Kevin Barker" he introduced himself.

After that you sat down next to Spencer at a table and looked at some files. Everyone else did the same and were really focused but then you broke the silence.

"Where are the others?" You asked.

"Morgan and Rossi are at one of the crime scenes and Prentiss is interviewing some family members of the victims" Hotch answered.

"Okay, it doesn't look like the unsub knows the victims though, I mean he kills more because of how they look and not who they are as a person. The victims don't have a single connection except for their looks" you told the team.

"Yes but it's still necessary to interview family members in case the unsub knew them, I mean the unsub could start to date them so he can get close to them before killing them" JJ explained.

"That's true since he seems to have a type" You clarified.

A couple hours later

The team started to head to the hotel so they could have a fresh pair of eyes the next day. Hotch handed you your card for your hotel room.

Just as you closed the door to your room you got a knock on your door, it was Spencer. You opened it.

"I know what your gonna ask, yes I'm fine, I just needed a day and now I'm perfectly ready for the case I promise" you reassured before he could even speak.

"Good, but I uh... I actually... wanted to ask you something else" he said.

"Oh, sure, come in" you let him inside unsure what he wanted to ask.

You sat down on your bed and gestured at him to sit next to you. He did and as he did, his eyes locked with yours and you could feel a stupid smile start to form on your face as you look into his beautiful eyes.

"Uhm... I see your reading the lord of the rings" he breaks the silence.

"Uh... yeah, I know it's fucking lame but... I don't know, it's like comfort books for me" Slight embarrassment filled your body.

"I don't think it's lame, lord of the rings is a good book series. Which one is your favorite?" He asked.

"It has to be the 'fellowship of the ring', yours?"

You loved talking about books, especially lord of the rings but you never really had anyone to talk to about books. Andrew had probably never even touched a book in his life.

"It's not really my type of books but I like that one, I also like 'the return of the king'" he probably noticed how this conversation made you happy, he began to smile.

"So anyway, why are you really here Reid?" You changed the subject.

"I was just hoping... to talk to you, just you know... talk" he looked down at the floor.

"About anything in particular?"

"Not really..." his eyes flickered back at you.

You two had eye contact for a while none of you wanting to break it. His eyes were so pretty.

"Have you watched the lord of the rings movies?" You asked without breaking the eye contact.

"Yeah, many years ago" he answers.

"Want to watch it again?" You asked sounding hopeful.

"Sure" he says.

None of you broke eye contact while this goes on. But then you were forced to. The two of you sat back in the hotel bed and turned on the TV to the first lord of the rings movie.
_____________

Hi!! This is like a 'part one' of the chapter because otherwise this would be SUUUPER long so continue reading!! I just finished the lord of the rings movies that's why I wanted to write a little about it, sorry! More drama is coming just hold on!!<33