The Mission

PRAGUE

Jim walks down a street and is seen entering a building. Inside the building, Jim stands up giving his team a briefing of the mission. Ethan, Jack, Claire, and Hannah sit at a table, while Sarah stands near a window with the drapes drawn.

Jim: A very straightforward objective. We photograph Golitsyn stealing the NOC List, follow him to his buyer, apprehend both of them. Now, here's the plot. Ethan, you're going into the embassy in character, during a party, hide in plain sight, highest possible profile. You game?

Ethan: Wouldn't have it any other way.

Jim: Sarah, you're at the party already as the embassy's Washington visitor liaison. Make contact with Ethan. You'll run the game together.

Sarah: I haven't a thing to wear.

Jim looks at Sarah and shrugs.

Jim: Well, I'm sure you'll work it out.

Claire and Hannah smile at Jim's comment. Jim points at Claire.

Jim: You'll mark Golitsyn, hand him off to Hannah. Hannah, you'll have him for the duration of the interior. Find yourself a perch and stay on him.

Hannah puts her hand on her chin.

Hannah: No problem.

Jim: Jack?

Jack straightens up.

Jack: Yeah?

Jim points at a board showing the layout of the embassy elevator.

Jim: Fingerprint security, there's access through the elevator shaft here.

Jack: So I guess I'm not wearing my tux.

Jim: Open, close, get out. Zero residual presence. Claire...

Claire looks up at Jim.

Claire: Mmm-hmm?

Jim: You'll cover outside in the vehicle. Hannah will join you as Golitsyn goes exterior, you two stay on him from there.

Claire and Hannah share an understanding look and Hannah nods.

Claire: Okay.

Jim: Anything goes wrong, I call abort. Everybody walk away immediately. Regroup here at 4:00 a.m. That's 0400. Any questions?

There are a few seconds of silence until Ethan breaks it.

Ethan: Yeah. Can we get a cappuccino machine in here? 'Cause I don't know what you call this.

He holds up a foam cup.

Jack: I call it "cruel and unusual."

Ethan laughs.

Claire: Hey, I made that coffee.

Ethan: Exactly. Is it possible it's even worse than the sludge you made in that barn in Kiev?

Claire rolls her eyes.

Claire: Thank you.

Jim: Hey, take it easy on my wife's coffee, will you?

Ethan: Oh, we missed you in Kiev, Jim.

Jim: Missed you too, Ethan.

Jack: Were you off on one of your cushy recruiting assignments again?

Ethan: Yeah, where'd they put you up this time? The Plaza?

Jim smirks.

Jim: Drake Hotel, Chicago.