Ambush

Y/N enters his work building through the door. He sees Cecily and Roman.

Y/N: Hey, guys.

Roman: Hey, Y/N.

Cecily: You doing okay?

Y/N: Yeah, I'm alright. How about you two?

Cecily: I'm doing good.

Roman: Yeah, I'm good.

Another friend of Y/N's, who is also a disavowed IMF agent, Arthur Griffin, comes up to the group.

Arthur: Y/N, how are you doing, man?

Y/N: I'm doing alright. You?

Arthur: Pretty good. Hey, got something to tell you.

Y/N's interest is piqued.

Y/N: Yeah? What's up?

Arthur smirks.

Arthur: Someone's here to see you.

Y/N: Who?

Y/N sees Patrick Cunningham, another former IMF agent, walk towards the group. Y/N is surprised but happy to see him again.

Y/N: Patrick.

Patrick: Good to see you again, Y/N.

The two shake hands.

Y/N: What are you doing here?

Patrick: Well, I was in town and thought I'd drop by to see some old friends.

Y/N: How long do you think you'll be here?

Patrick: I'll be here for three days, and then I'm off.

Y/N nods.

Y/N: Well, enjoy your temporary stay here.

Patrick smirks.

Patrick: Oh, I plan to.

He walks away and Y/N is slightly confused.

Y/N: Okay.

Later, at about 6:00 p.m., all of the employees start to go back home. Y/N starts walking home until Cecily stops him.

Cecily: Hey, Y/N, I noticed your car wasn't here. Do you need a ride?

Y/N: No thanks, I'm good.

Cecily: You sure?

Y/N: Yeah, I'm just going to walk home. It's not that far anyway.

Cecily: Okay, have a good day, Y/N. See you tomorrow.

Y/N: Yeah, see ya.

Cecily gets in her car and Y/N walks off. As he does, Cecily watches at him with a worried look on her face. She sighs.

Cecily: I hope you're okay, Y/N.

She starts her car and drives off. Y/N walks down a sidewalk while trapped in his thoughts. He walks past two men dressed in black clothing having a conversation. One of them notices Y/N, taps his partner's shoulder, and points at Y/N. He whispers something. They nod and start inconspicuously following him. Y/N turns and walks into an alleyway and when he's about halfway through it, a man steps out from the corner and stops in the entrance in front of Y/N. Y/N stops for a moment, gives a confused look, and turns back around, but he sees the two men from earlier round the corner and they stop as well. Y/N looks at the two sides and is confused and cautious.

Y/N: Can I help you boys with something?

One man steps forward, the man who is Ethan's left of the side with the two men.

Thug Leader: Y/N L/N?

Y/N: Yeah, that's me. What are you guys, crazed fans? Am I that interesting?

Thug Leader: Oh, you're of interest to us, alright. But not in a way you might think.

Y/N: Uh, thanks?

On both sides, two more men walk from the corners and stop behind the thugs who are already standing there. They all start making their way to him. Y/N switches looking from side-to-side a few times.

Y/N: What the hell is this? An intervention?

Thug Leader: No, just a good old-fashioned beating.

Y/N: Beating, huh? Got a bone to pick with me?

Thug Leader: Something like that.

The thugs get closer to Y/N. He slightly holds his hands out to both sides.

Y/N: Now, you don't want to do this, fellas. I'm tellin' you right now.

The thugs are feet away from Y/N and the leader cracks his knuckles.

Thug Leader: Oh, we definitely want to, L/N.

Y/N shrugs.

Y/N: Alright, if you insist.

Y/N smacks the leader in the head with his briefcase and disorients him. Y/N quickly removes his coat and tie and the other thugs charge at him and a brawl ensues. Y/N uses his experience and expertise in hand-to-hand fighting to fight them all off, even though he is outnumbered seven-to-one. Y/N uses multiple stunt kicks and punches to take down the thugs until only the leader is left. He stands up and his face is bruised and he has a cut on his lower lip. He huffs in anger and Y/N does a roundhouse kick and knocks the thug to the ground, unconscious. Y/N catches his breath.

Y/N: What was their deal?

He picks up his briefcase, coat, and tie and continues to make his way back home.