Chapter 10: Pierce

I felt a weird satisfaction with Pinky's compliment. I had gotten compliments before but this just....I looked in the mirror with a Cheshire grin on my face. I shook my head switching to a hoodie and sweatpants. My phone blinged again making me groan. Two weeks till prom meant the girls were trying to get me as their date.

Since doing the project with Tasha I hadn't been hanging out. Meaning sex. I would have had a date by now. Hell, I went to prom my freshman year. Megan was too hyped on drugs. Rachel was too crazy and Giana was. Well, too clingy. I would just have to go with Giana and lay out some ground rules. I texted her asking her out to the prom.

Of course, she agreed telling me we needed to match. I rolled my eyes coming out of the bathroom to see Tahsa with a red face. "Are you hot?" I asked. Tasha shook her head looking back to her computer. I sat down beside her opening my computer "so, what kind of slide show are you thinking" I asked making her brown eyes look at me.

The direct eye contact made me want to look away but also stare captivly all day. "Colors. Not bland black and white" she muttered looking away. "For sure pink" I smiled. She smiled as well "of course" she chirped. "And Blue" I blurted out. Her eye brows arched with confusion then went wide with realization. "Is that your favorite color" she asked with strong excitement.

I put my finger over my lips "this is a secret that only my friends and family know" I trumpeted. She cutesy locked her mouth and threw away the key. We both burst out laughing sighing looking at each other. "Its perfect blue and pink" she commented. My lips twitched at the sound of that. "I...I mean because one of the webtoons I've read there's a story about Persephone and Hades. Hades is blue and Persephone is pink. We can upload them for the introduction page" she quickly said.

I nodded trying to hold in a laugh. She was cutely grasping for words. "I think you're gonna be prom king" she chuckled. "Oh really" I joked. "Of course," she said wrapping her feet under her butt leaning to the side. She rested her elbow holding her head giving me her full attention. I leaned back getting comfortable. "You're co-captain of the football team. A lot of girls like you and you're popular" she mentioned.

"Well, that's all true but who knows I think my best friend Kyle has a chance. You're putting too much faith in me" I remarked. "Even, Kyle knows you're going to win. You're also nice to people like me. You don't treat people differently unless they act mean towards you" she mumbled. "You're really observant, Pinky".
"And you're really funny, M". We held each other gaze a comfortable silence settling over us.

I had never felt this comfortable with a girl. I could hang out and talk like this forever with her. I snapped out of it sitting back up. I picked up some papers trying to get back on task. Tasha began working again as well. We went over the last chapters of the book which means we were almost done. All we had to do was make our slideshow and practice presenting. I walked her downstairs to the door but got stopped by my mother. Of course, right behind her was my sister. They were like little dogs. They hear a noise and here they are.

My mother bombarded me hooking her arm with Tasha. My mother turned her head to look at me "you can go back to your room now Emmette. I'll walk our guest out" she smiled like she had a hidden plan. I gave one final glance over Tasha and headed back up to my room. I threw myself on my bed scrolling through Instagram.

Was it weird that I wondered what they were talking about with Tasha? Did it have something to do with me? I mean my own mother wouldn't bad mouth me but my sister without a doubt I knew she would. Such a nice girl couldn't have one single birthday because of her mom. How sad.

I went to Safari and scrolled through some  sites. Making some calls smiling to myself. What good a friend I am? Friend. For some reason, it left a sour taste in my mouth.

*Bling

Giana: Red. That's our color
Me: Yep
Giana: Sex the night of. I rented us a nice hotel with Daddy's credit card.
Me:You know this doesn't mean we're dating?
Giana:I think if you really agreed we would make the perfect couple. But Fine.

I read the text and laid my phone on my stomach. However, my phone buzzed again.

Pinky:Just got home. Goodnight, M. :)
A kiddish grin appeared on my face. I love it when she calls me, M. Emojis usually make me annoyed getting many from my sister but Tasha using them. It was cute.

Me: Goodnight,Pinky.

.

.

.
I think maybe Pinky has gotten under our captains skin. What do think Emmett mom talked about with Tasha? Thank you for reading. Please vote and comment!