The Last First Day of School

Beep Beep Beep!!!

"Ugh, I shouldn't have stayed up." Groaned a tired TJ Detweiler. He and Vince were playing GTA all night and somehow he managed to drag himself out of bed and wash up before the bus came. As the bus was picking up students for the morning he started to drift off to sleep leaning his head against the window but of course, it was hard to fall asleep when the bus is moving. "At least I won't have to deal with waking up early after this year," He thought. But it suddenly hit him. "Wait a minute...I'm a senior!!" He said that a little too loud as the students all stared at him. Oopsie. The bus came to a stop at the school and everyone began to walk off. TJ was heading to the cafeteria where the rest of his friends were. As he walked through the hallway of First Street High School (Author's Note: Yes I said First Street High School) he looked at the photos and trophies the school had accumulated over the years. He saw a picture of Vince making a slam dunk next to the basketball trophy the team earned last year.

Ever since he joined the varsity basketball team, his popularity skyrocketed more than it already was. Well, he is the team's MVP so what was to be expected? He was already popular on the football team. He looked at the picture of the JROTC team and saw Gus. Gus was standing in the back with the rest of everyone, he had a massive growth spurt in middle school and now he was taller than us. TJ also saw Laura Jameson who had the nickname "swinger girl" for years in the front and was in the JROTC Air Force. She and Gus have been dating for almost 2 years now. Next, he looked at the picture of the National Honor Society that was taken last year, there he spotted Gretchen and Menlo. Gretchen was now the president this year and Menlo is the vice president. Gretchen was also in the astronomy club. 

He took a look at the chorus group and in the middle was Mikey, he was holding a trophy that was lying next to the photo. At the bottom left of the case was the mock trial team. Nobody really talks about them. There he saw Randall who looked like he was arguing with someone. There was a medal next to that photo. Randall not only was on the mock trial team but he was also on the student council. Everyone to this day can't believe they let him in there. Randall had gone to a different middle school and now he was back. Spinelli founded a girl's fighting team and it was popular. While TJ was looking at the case he didn't notice his friend group walking toward him.

Smack, Vince proceeded to give TJ a good slap on the back of his head

"OW!" TJ turned around to face his friends and they were laughing. "What the hell Vince, what was that for??"

"Well, while you were daydreaming the bell rang and it's time to meet our homeroom teachers"

"You feeling alright dude? You were supposed to meet up with us and we thought you were gonna skip or something." Said Spinelli

"Nah, I was looking at the trophy case. You guys are pretty famous."

"Eh, it's not much really. We simply excelled in activities that played to our strengths. I'm sure you'll find something that plays to your skills" Gretchen was trying to console her friend.

"Oh TJ, it's our senior year and you haven't found your calling yet. Just how will you beckon to it? What will become of your future?"

"Poetic-sounding talk probably won't help Mikey" Gus snickered

"Guys seriously I'm fine. We all have the same lunch period so we can meet up and talk later. Besides, I don't need a photo or a trophy on the case. We're seniors, the underclassmen will look up to us now. And we'll finally get the respect we waited 3 long years for." TJ said with pride

"Damn right" Spinelli agreed

"I should also point out that if we don't get to class in 5 minutes we'll be late on the first day" 

"You're right Gretch, see y'all at lunch," Vince said already running to his homeroom class. The rest of the group said their goodbyes and went their separate ways until it was just TJ and Spinelli.

"Looks like we have the same homeroom class, I wonder who our teacher is?" Spinelli asked as they were both walking to class. She was looking at TJ's schedule.

"I don't know but I know for a fact that nothing can ruin my senior year" TJ triumphed as they walked through the door of the classroom"

"Well...If it isn't Detweiler and Spinelli" A familiar voice spoke

"Except for him," TJ said defeated  "Randall is in our homeroom? Could this get any worse?"

"Oh you don't know the half of it, boy," said a voice behind them.

Author's Note: I know the first chapter is very short, but since I wanted to build suspense I had to stop there lol. The future chapters most likely won't be as short as this but who knows.... Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this and will stick around for more. Constructive criticism is appreciated.