Put Some Pep in Your Step

Author's Note: Merry Late Christmas and Happy Late New Year!!!

It had been a little over a month since the first day of school and TJ was chilling in his 4th period since he had already finished the classroom assignment. Suddenly the intercom went off.

"Good Morning everyone," It was the principal Mrs. Grant "Students, please report to your homeroom teachers. After advisement and roll call please report to the gym for the pep rally, and make sure you have your tickets. Those will also be given to you during homeroom."

On the way to homeroom, TJ ran into Spinelli and Randall. They began conversing with each other.

"It's pep rally time!" Spinelli shouted excitedly 

"The time when we can scream our asses off without getting in trouble," TJ replied

"This year, I'm gonna break the scream kids record in the scream competition."

Randall laughed at this to which Spinelli gave him a questioning look.

"Wait, you're serious?"

"Hell yeah I am, the winner gets bragging rights and 2 free school store coupons. I've got a cherry Coke and Flamin hot Cheetos with my name on them."

The three continued chatting until they got to Ms. Finster's room.

"I see the three of you are getting along well"

The remainder of the students came in and took their seats.

"Alright class, before I pass out tickets I'll be going over what will happen in the pep rally."

Ms. Finster then pulled up a PowerPoint.

"First, concessions provided by the school store. Next, during intermission this year there will be minigames laid out."

This caused an uproar of whoops from the classroom

"I know, I know. And of course, you all know the annual scream competition to see who has the most school spirit. The faculty decided to up the wager by giving the winner a school store free card for a whole week!"

The class cheered even louder

"The screaming kid is going down!" Spinelli shouted

"Those years of snitching won't go to waste!" Randall was pumped up

"Let's Go! Whoop! Whoop! Whoop!" And so was TJ

"Settle down, I'll take roll while I pass out your tickets."

After Ms. Finster passed out tickets and took attendance, she had one more thing to say.

"You're all seniors so you know the rules; no pushing, shoving, fighting, slander, or anything else that will get you in trouble."

"Yes, Ms. Finster," The class said.

She then dismissed everyone and the whole class began to scramble to the gym. TJ, Randall, and Spinelli went to the ticket booth and saw Menlo.

"Oh, it's you guys. Tickets, please?"

They gave their tickets to Menlo and were about to walk in when he had something else to say.

"H-hey, do you guys know if Gretchen is seeing anyone?"

The three looked shocked.

"Menlo, do you like Gretchen?"

When Spinelli asked this Menlo's face turned red and he shushed her worried that someone would hear. This caused TJ and Randall to snicker.

"Well is she?" Menlo said in a whisper