Finding A Date

If you have not read Fang x Janet: Behind the Scenes, or Edgar x Colette: Giving You My Heart, do not read ahead! There are many spoilers! If not, enjoy this book!

Leon POV
Fang and Janet's wedding was the next day! I needed to find a date to the wedding desperately, or I would look like a loser! All my friends had progressed in their relationships—Fang and Janet were getting married, Edgar and Colette had moved in together...I definitely needed to start dating!

So, I had to ask Jessie out...but I was too nervous! Looks like I needed advice from Fang and Edgar...

Three hours later...
I had finally gathered them at Barley's bar! We were talking about what I should do about Colette...but Fang wasn't much help.

Fang had just turned 24 and decided to start drinking. He decided to try it for the first time at Barley's bar that day. How unlucky could I be?

"So, how should I ask Jessie out?" I questioned.

Fang said drunkenly, "You can just ask her out normally. I had no probl—problem."

Edgar and I decided not to remind him that we had to set him up with Janet and it was Janet who confessed her feelings first, not him.

"Well," Edgar began, "You can always buy her flowers and then ask her out. Colette was very happy when I bought some for her the other day."

"Well, that actually is a good suggestion, Edgar. Thanks! I'm going to ask Jessie out now." I thanked Edgar.

I rushed over to Jessie's house. Then, I knocked on the door, finding Jessie there to greet me. Apparently, Pam was out and she was home alone for the next two hours. She invited me in and I gladly accepted.

When we squeezed on the ottoman, I wanted to begin my speech. But now that I was sitting with her, I didn't want to read from a long, boring piece of paper. I just wanted to stay in the moment. So I asked her, "Do you want to go out for a walk?" and was relieved when she said yes.

We walked through a beautiful park nearby and one spot had lots of roses surrounding a bench. "Wow..."I couldn't resist whispering. "It's so romantic here."

Then, I realised I had just said something really wrong. The way Jessie had froze told me she had caught the slip as well. I had to find a way to fix this...