S01E07: Lost in Language

Open on the Owl House living room 

Luz reads from The Good Witch Azura 5 to King while Y/N reads his book.

LUZ: "Azura," Hecate began. "Our paths have crossed only in battle. But today I stand before you seeking an ally.""

Luz sigh

KING: Luz, you're getting all swoon-y again.

Y/N (READING): You'll get used to it.

LUZ: I can't help it. Azura is able to befriend everyone. Even her biggest rival. I wish I had that kind of power.

Y/N (STILL READING): Maybe there's a glyph for that.

KING: Rivals are meant to be annihilated, not befriended. Now keep reading. I've been sucked into your awful fandom.

LUZ: Okay. "Suddenly the door swung open."

The front door swings open, causing Y/N to stop reading.

HOOTY: Ding-dong. Ding. Hoot! Hoot!

KING: The book has come to life! Burn it!

Luz and Y/N go to the door and find a basket.

LUZ: Hmm?

Y/N: What do we have here?

Cut to the kitchen

LUZ: Eda, you got a package. It looks like a gift basket.

EDA: Probably an offering. Ah! Being the most powerful witch in the Boiling Isles has its perks.

Y/N: That or one of your exes wants to rekindle their relationship with you.

Y/N makes a kissing face and sound. That remark caused Eda to hit Y/N on the back of his head, making him rub his sore spot.

King, a bib now tied on, grunts as he pulls a blanket off the top of the basket, revealing a snoring baby bat. King rubs his paws together.

KING: Mm. Fresh meat.

LUZ: No, not eating that.

EDA: Witches eating babies is so 1693. What is this?

Y/N: You're kidding, right?

KING: There's a note.

He grabs it.

KING: "Take care of my child till morning. Yi Yi."

EDA: Nope. Babies are awful. Not happening.

KING: "You will be handsomely rewarded. X-O-X-O-X-O-X. Bat Queen."

EDA: Bat Queen?

King pulls a few snails out of the basket. Eda's eyes widen.

EDA: Reward?

LUZ: Who's the Bat Queen?

EDA: She's the wealthiest demon on the Boiling Isles. Get in with her and you're set for life.

Eda takes one of the snails.

EDA: So, we keep this thing alive for a few hours and we get paid. Pfft. Easy.

Y/N: The wealthiest demon on the Boiling Isle wants you to babysit her child? Very suspicious.

This caused Eda to glare at Y/N.