3.2

☂️

"Is this serious? All this to impress a guy and a bunch of people who probably don't even know your name?" He sounded puzzled, narrowing his eyes at the redhead lying beside him.

Scar took a deep breath, finishing the heart she had drawn with a pen on Damien's arm. She had started scribbling it when she felt overwhelmed by the intensity of his gaze, which had been on her the whole time she narrated her plan. Also because she felt embarrassed to admit the plan out loud.

"It's not about them, it's about me," she shrugged.

"Oh, really?" he teased, making her pout.

Deep down, she knew it was more for others than for herself. But she didn't want to admit it.

"Doesn't matter," she capped the pen and left it on the dresser, observing the art on Damien's skin. "It's my decision, it's what I want. And I'll face the consequences."

She raised her eyes, knowing she had silenced him, hoping she hadn't sounded rude.

However, Damien didn't seem offended by her tone. He just kept looking at her, in that strangely intimate way that made her uncomfortable while he brought the cigarette to his lips.

"What about you?" she struck up a conversation, settling among the sheets.

"What about me?"

Scar swallowed hard, remembering the office she had seen in the hallway. She shivered at the mere memory. There was nothing scary about that room, but still, something about it bothered her. Just couldn't say what it was.

"Why do I feel like I'm looking at a guy who's on a mission?"

Damien smiled, slowly dragging on the cigarette.

"Do I look like an open book to you?"

She curved her lips into a smile and shook her head.

"I've filled you in with my high school drama. It's only fair you tell me something in return. When was the last time you talked to someone?" she raised her eyebrows, grinning victoriously as the guy remained silent. "Trust issues?"

He chuckled, watching the shapes formed by the smoke blown through his parted lips.

"You could say that."

Scar tapped her fingers against the pillow, thoughtful.

"Look at it this way... Tomorrow it'll be as if this night never happened. I'll go back to my life, and you'll continue with yours, so it won't make a difference. Just enjoy this moment. From stranger to stranger."

Damien remained impartial, staring at her without showing any deeper reaction. Just smoking and observing her, seemingly unweary of scanning her features.

Scar took a deep breath and persisted.

"Come on... Do you think I'd spill about my pathetic high school life if I thought you'd be here tomorrow to judge me? You can tell me, I promise," she assured, trying to convey confidence through the gentle way she looked at him.

He bit his lip, absentmindedly stroking the cigarette filter with his thumb while seemingly pondering over the girl's words.

Scar thought he wouldn't answer, but the guy's bare chest rose and fell with intensity as he sighed, raising his dark eyes toward hers, intrigued.

"From stranger to stranger?"

She smiled, excited, settling back on the bed.

"Yes."