30

3rd Person POV.
*not edited*

-2 months later-

"YOU COME!"

A exited Kehlani said running as fast as her legs took her towards Xavier and Twone. Xavier picked her up making a dramatic noise as if she was heavy.

"Of course we here mama" Twone said taking the yellow graduation certificate she was handing him, looking at it.

"You got Principals list too? Huh princess?"

"Yes! And teacher said I smart!"

" 'n yo teacha' right." Antwone said agreeing with her.

The 2 never failed to remind her of how smart and beautiful she was.

"LOOK!" Kehlani said to the everybody else that was now walking towards them point towards the certificate in Twone's hand.

"You did such a good job smiling for Auntie, babyyyy." A'kira said taking her out of Xavier's hands making him mug her. She placed kisses all over her face making her let out a high pitch laugh.

Feeling a hand on his arm he turned around seeing his grandmother. She was upset when she found out that Xavier and Antwone got married in a courthouse in a damn Nike tech, it made it no better that she found out through the phone from catching a glimpse of Xavier's ring while he absentmindedly used hand gestures to speak on FaceTime with her.

Cloe gave him a smile that had mixed emotions in it, choosing to ignore the negative ones he leaned down placing a kiss on her cheek. She smiled again, a more happy one and walked off towards Antwone.

But his grandparents decided to visit Atlanta for 2 weeks and this was their 1st week here, of course they brought Melissa -Xavier's mom-. Xavier watched as she walked up to Kehlani, who was now on the floor looking up at Raymond speaking to him showing him the yellow certificate.

"Kehlani." He called her name and her head snapped in his direction and she ran to him.

Raymond shook his head. Xavier has yet to let Kehlani speak with Melissa and everybody around them see's the way he purposely separates them every time their in ears reach of reach other.

He couldn't say he was surprised that she was still around, after all she was Ray and Cleo's only child. They weren't as close but they weren't going to let her on the streets when they could've helped. Xavier on the other hand has yet to have a conversation with the woman, he barely even looked at her and he didn't care to do so.

"Antwone Carter!" Twone mugged Ri as she called him by his government. "Stop eating my candy!" She said taking the bag from him but still giving him a few gummy worms.

"Stop givin' it to me and expect it to still be there."

"Your not getting anymore." She said and walked in the direction Mir sat listening to a random boy around the age of 4 talk his head off.

"All students return to your color! If you are a parent or guardian and you want to sign out your child please go to the front office."

The lady on the intercom said throughout the pre school gym and student returned back to their teachers or in the children's eyes their class color.

"Bye bye!" Kehlani called out getting multiple replies back as she happy walked over to the big yellow paper that was hung up next to all the other colors.

-

"You bout to be 26...you might as well be 30 folks." Twone said watching Xavier

His birthday was in 2 weeks.