𝟷𝟶. Thanksgiving

────────── ❆ ❄️ ❆ ──────────

Noelle snuggled further into the warmth of her bed, however, when a chuckle that wasn't her own echoed through the room, she opened her eyes to see Bernard next to her. "Oh, uh... Good morning," Noelle muttered as she looked up at him, her head had been resting on his chest. "Good morning... I didn't mean to stay the whole night, but you seemed to have had a nightmare and I couldn't bear leaving you alone," Bernard told her though he honestly didn't want to leave the moment she had snuggled into his chest, the Head Elf adored Noelle Calvin in a way that he hadn't expected.

"Well, I apologise if sleeping me overstepped any boundaries," Noelle replied with a blush, she didn't want to move away from the warmth coming from Bernard or the softness of his sweater. "You haven't, Sweets. Truthfully, this is the most comfortable I've been in a while," Bernard told her before mentally cursing himself for his words. "Glad we are on the same page then," Noelle expressed before moving to lay her head back on his chest, she closed her eyes and let out a deep breath. Bernard let his arms wrap around Noelle's body as he relaxed, and he closed his eyes.

"If your father catches us like this, he may have a fit," Bernard whispered through the peaceful silence. "Two things, B. One, my father knows to knock and wait till I approve his entry. And two, I'm eighteen and he trusts that I can make decisions on my own," Noelle replied to Bernard who felt eased at the knowledge that Scott wouldn't just burst into the room and catch his daughter cuddled up to his Head Elf. "I don't know if the warmth is coming from you or that adorable sweater of yours, but either way, this is the most comfortable I've ever been," Noelle muttered softly as sleep threatened to take her out. Bernard turned his head to look at her, a smile on his face.

────────── ❆ ❄️ ❆ ──────────

Thanksgiving finally came around and the father-daughter duo had finished their dinner before deciding to take a walk. It wasn't long till they reached the Miller household that Noelle looked up at her father, uncertain of his intention but quickly assumed that he wanted to see his son. "Let's just do it," Noelle told her father before walking ahead of him and ringing the doorbell as Scott followed after her, his full Santa look only missed the suit at this point and Noelle knew that Charlie was the key to finally getting their Dad to realise the truth.