𝟷𝟿. De-Santification?!

────────── ❆ ❄️ ❆ ──────────

"Great! You told him. Good. Let's get you dressed for that meeting," Curtis exclaimed happily before looking at Noelle who was frowning, she shook her head to signal that they had not said anything. "I-I can't have the meeting in here. I-I really can't. I'm gonna have to go see Charlie," Santa told the two as Noelle walked up to them, Nicholas yawned and snuggled into the crook of his mother's neck. "Number two, tell him right now," Bernard demanded. "Bernard..." Noelle breathed out before looking at Curtis with a gentle smile on her face, "Honey, you should tell him now." Santa looked between all of them in confusion. "Tell me what? Guys, come on. Come clean now," Santa encouraged him.

"Santa, there's a Clause," Curtis informed him. "Yeah, that would be me," Santa replied to him like it was the most obvious thing in the world. "No, I mean there's another Santa Clause," Curtis corrected him. "Curtis, in case you haven't noticed, this time of year, the malls are filled with other 'Santa Clauses'," Santa told him putting Santa Clauses in quotation marks. "Yes, but there's another Santa Clause," Curtis said emphasizing the last word with Bernard moving his head encouragingly. "There was a first Clause, but there's also a second Clause," Curtis explained to Santa. "Get on with it!" The puppets exclaimed with Santa waving his hands to say the same thing as the puppets.

"When the last Santa Clause fell off your roof and you put on his coat, you found this," Curtis pulled out the car and slipped it into the holder on the magnifying machine. "Right. 'He who wears the coat takes on the responsibilities of Santa Claus'-- Something like that," Santa recited before continuing, "And, of course, the rest would be history, right?" Noelle chewed on her bottom lip after smiling at the sight of Nicholas asleep in her arms. "But it seems our number two Elf--" Bernard turned from Santa to Curtis, "--The Keeper of the Handbook overlook the single most important detail in the history of Christmas!" Noelle rested her hand on Bernard's arm as he had raised his voice, he took in a slow breath.

"Wow. One mistake in nine hundred years," Curtis replied to Bernard who turned and raised the first magnifying glass, "Look!" Santa leaned down to look through it, "I-I can't see that." Bernard switched the first for the second, "Better now?" Santa shook his head prompting Bernard to switch to the third, then the fourth, then the fifth and finally the sixth. "I see. Good, good, good. I see it," Santa muttered out as he looked through the magnifying glass at the card to read the new Clause. Bernard and Curtis stood either side of Scott while Noelle sat down in the nearby armchair, her feet were too sore and she had already read the new Clause.

"Okay, well, 'The cardholder acknowledges... woman of his choosing... True love... Not valid in the state of Utah... Holy...'" Santa read out before his eyes widened and he exclaimed, "'Matrimony?!' I got to get married!" He turned his eyes to the two Elves before stepping back and looking at Noelle who sighed and tried to send him a reassuring smile. "Yes. It's... the Mrs. Clause," Bernard informed him, the puppets began singing. "What if I don't want to get married?" Santa asked as he tightened his belt around his coat which made him realise that his stomach had gotten smaller. "The De-Santafication process has begun!" Curtis exclaimed aggressively.