PROLOGUE

"we're getting married soon, mon amour," he said, his eyes gleaming with a predatory intensity that sent shivers down my spine.

"No!" I yelled, the word bursting forth from my lips without conscious thought. "I would never."

His expression darkened, and a cruel smile twisted his lips. "As if I wouldn't know your answer," he sneered. "That's why I'm not asking you; I am telling you."

My heart pounded in my chest, and I struggled to keep my voice steady. "You can't force me into this," I said. "We were never meant to be together because what you're feeling is not love, but an insane obsession."

His hand shot out, wrapping around my neck with a grip that was both tight and suffocating. I gasped for air, my eyes widening in fear as I struggled to break free.

"And if you think that by constantly running away, you can stay away from me, then you're also wrong," he hissed, his face contorted with rage. "It's your fault for giving me hope that this obnoxious life of mine could be alluring with you by my side. And now, I need you in my gloomy life. Let it be my infatuation for you."

seeing me struggling, he smirked evilly. soon he left my neck and I started to cough breathing air. He said, "You really thought that I would kill you?"

With a firm grip, he tenderly caresses her cheeks, gazing at her with a profound adoration that exudes pure love which sounds like true madness to her. 

"I would rather kill myself before even thinking about killing you. And how could I kill the love of my life, mon amour?"

the next moment he hugs her tightly like there's no tomorrow. Her enchanting smell calms his nerves down and on the other hand, his touch is making her scared to death.

"but that won't stop me from killing him right?"