ONE

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

Delhi, India

"No! Not even a chance. How dare you to even think about it!", the head of the family yelled. Rage filled him while the young girl before him who happens to be his daughter quivers.

"b.But Papa", before the poor girl even puts her statement on the table her father cuts her off

"Not even a word, Ishmika" he silents her.

"At least listen to her, Chachu", her cousin requests. After her mother, it's always her cousin who defends her. even when her Taiji [father's eldest brother's wife] ridicules her it's he who supports her. He always considered her as his sister. Before he could say more, his mother held his hand

"Don't interfere, Ayaan. Let them handle themselves." looking at his mother with a glare he asked,

"Then why did you and Dad come here? to enjoy the show?"
his words silenced his mother.

"Is being a fashion designer even a worthy job? Why do you want to go out of this country just for a dream that is not even consistent?", he asked.

As the only child of a highly respected city commissioner, Ishmika has always strived to meet her father's expectations. However, despite her best efforts, she has never received the appreciation she deserves, and it deeply hurts her. Her father has set certain career expectations for her, expecting her to become a doctor, engineer, or lawyer, but these paths do not align with Ishmika's interests. Since she was young, Ishmika has been passionate about fashion design and has always dreamed of being a well-renowned fashion designer with the freedom to be creative. However, her father's beliefs and her aunt's influence have hindered her from pursuing her passion. It's time for Ishmika to assert herself and pursue her dreams, for her happiness and success in life.

"Papa, it's always been my dream," she said to which her father replied, "Some dreams don't even have meaning, Ishmika".

taking a deep breath he continued, "I should have known not to have any expectations from you. well I have already chosen an alliance for you"

his remark left the poor girl astonished. the tears she had been holding for a quite long time escaped." papa, please don't say that. please let me do what I have always craved"

"No! I have decided that you'll marry Vihaan soon. He's a very nice guy I thought I would marry you off to him next year but your stupid dreams made me decide that you'll marry him this year."

Vihaan Chowdhury is a young, handsome, and confident chief inspector who works under his father's supervision. He exudes a charming and friendly personality that instantly draws people towards him. Every time he visits her home, he greets everyone with a warm smile and engages in meaningful conversations. She finds him to be a nice boy who is easy to talk to. However, she never expected that her father would fix a marriage alliance with him, given that they have only had a few interactions.