09. HIDDEN HELP!

..............................................
Blair when she was 17.
............................................

- "Did you meet our new neighbors?" Eric says as he walked in my room. "I didn't like them."

My eyes light up when I see him as I smile brightly. "You came for visit?!" I'm surprised he has. But since our parents aren't here makes sense.

"Yeah, since Griffin doesn't come here till nine pm thought I'd pass by." I put my book The Cruel Prince on my desk and I stand up putting my arms around him tight. He lifts me up in the air for a moment and puts me down quick.

"Whoa back away devil, I just got these clothes brand new." He says jokingly and I back away laughing. But I stop as I see his serious look and I sigh.

He pulls my right cheek with two fingers. "I missed you too." He sits on my bed and lays down putting his arms behind his neck. "Mom must be at work too huh?"

"Yeah she does, working as the chief of staff for the governor means you get more hours of work." I add as I sit beside him.

He suddenly smiles. "Which means you get more of the day to yourself. That is good." I nod. "Also, don't freak out but I kind of got a tattoo."

My eyebrows raise up in surprise. "You did?!"

He nods as he stands up while sitting on the bed and removes his jacket. There was a chain tattoo around his left arm on his shoulder. The chain went all down close to the elbow. But near the chain there were small roses. "See? Pretty sick right?"

"Hell yeah!" I smile as I examine the tattoo. "Did it hurt?" My eyes look at him in concern. He pats my hand a little.

"I've handled much worse things compared to a needle hazel." My mouth is shut. He's right.

After some minutes of silence I got curious of his previous talk. "Did you talk to them?" I asked as I looked at him. "The new neighbors?"

"No." He answers after a pause.

I scoff. "Then how can you judge them by not even knowing them?" I look at him as I chuckle. He glances at me up and down with a serious look on his face as he sighs while standing a bit and places his arms on his legs.

"Did you meet them?" He asks me now and I nod.

"Yeah, I met the woman of the house. Her name was Amanda Callisto." I look at my book and than back at Eric. "She seemed like a nice woman."

"You had one conversation with her, just one and now you immediately think she's a nice woman." I narrow my eyes at him and he seems unfazed. "And because of what? Because she smiled at you and was all nice and welcoming, right?"

"No Eric, I get that you have zero trust in humans but—"

"But?" He cuts me off. "Hazel, we talked about this. You won't trust anyone else apart from me and Amy." He demands and I nod annoyed.

And Lucas.

"I know Eric I know." I look at my fingers as I start to play with them feeling a bit sad.