10, shut up & dance with me!

DRESS
( this woman is my destiny! )
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

DR GAUL WAS not kidding when she said a goodnights sleep would go a long way.

The students gathered at the Academy steps as they awaited the arrival of the Academy vans. Earlier that morning, Professor Sickle had sent out an announcement to the mentors that they would have a dance practice in the Capitol Ballroom as preparation for the upcoming 'ball'. The mentors were assigned to the opening dance, a sort of ballroom waltz.

Chatters from students were paused when the vans came into sight, as they divided themselves into groups of three. Charlotte was cramped in the first van, alongside Julianna and Livia. As Julianna and Livia talked, she scanned the van, hoping to come across a familiar blonde. She sighed once she realized he wasn't here, but hopefully in the next ones. The ride wasn't too long, and the students were freed in the matter of a few minutes.

She entered the glamorous building with her classmates, 'oohs' and 'aahs' coming from their mouths. Her own was left agape as she studied the intricate detailing that filled the room. The room was nothing short of a fairytale, with two grand stars that combined into one when it reached the floor. The ceiling was painted a beautiful mural with clouds a shade of baby blue and light pink. Chandeliers that were spread across the hall evenly lit up the room, adding to its magical touch.

In the middle of the hall, she could spot Dean Highbottom, Professor Sickle and a man she didn't recognize who smiled at their arrival. As the students spilled into the room, still in awe, Professor Sickle approached them to greet them.

"Good afternoon, students!" she beamed. "Welcome, to the Capitol Ballroom. You will be having your dance practice here, just as you will on the actual day."

"Here," she gestured for the man to stand next to her, "Is Mr. Salvatore. He will be you dance instructor."

"How wonderful it is to see your young and youthful faces here today!" he exclaimed. "I can see talent in your delicate steps, and I will shape your talent into a strength. Now, do not worry if you haven't any experience, I will be here to guide you through it all."

Mr. Salvatore continued to talk, but her attention had been disrupted. Her eyes moved across the crowd of students, trying to make out if he was somewhere in the midst of her classmates. Her face turned into a frown when she failed to spot him, turning to Julianna.

"Have you seen Coriolanus?" she whispered in her ear. Julianna furrowed her eyebrows before looking back.

"He's right behind you," she whispered back, causing Charlotte to whip her head around. There stood Coriolanus Snow with his perfect posture and height that towered over almost every single student. She must've been looking for awhile because he looked down at her, sent her a smirk before bringing his attention back to the dance instructor. She turned back around — her ears a slight shade of pink — just in time for Mr. Salvatore to call her name.

"Miss Vanderbilt!" he shouted, and she watched as her classmates turned to look at her. "Don't be shy now, it's alright."

Her eyes darted in fear, not knowing what he had called her out for. She felt a slight nudge on her back as she walked toward Mr. Salvatore, who had a huge grin on his face.

"What are we doing?" she said softly.

"Dancing!" he responded, in a 'duh' tone. He placed her left hand on his shoulder, and her right he held up in the air with his own. His left was on her waist and she stiffened up due to the unfamiliar touch. The music started playing as he guided her through the dance, spinning across the ballroom in a gentle manner. He twirled her every few seconds, causing the skirt from her Academy bottoms to go flying and for her to feel as if she was floating.