The Caveman Concept Art

Prior to the finalized art style of CRiTORA, a caveman CRiTORA was planned in 2018, which would've more closely resembled Bigfoot. No design was made at the time.

In 2021, Daydreaming Birdie found an inaccurate depiction of human Joe from a picture book adaption of the animated film Help! I'm a Fish!, which resembled a caveman. Daydreaming Birdie thought this was funny, as human Joe does not look like that in the actual movie. Daydreaming Birdie soon cropped the head and titled the picture "weird caveman head.png". A joke article was quickly made on the CRiTORA Database Wiki and deleted.

In 2022, it was decided to incorporate the caveman head picture into CRiTORA: Abnormal's initial version as The Caveman.

(Artwork of the Caveman from Early 2022)

Like all other survivors, the Caveman would've been slashed by [ERROR SCRAMBLED NAME], specifically in Chapter 8 of the initial version. When the initial version was cancelled, the Caveman was going to be reused for the main CRiTORA series, but once Abnormal was rebooted, it was soon decided to use him for that instead. 

The Caveman did not go through many revisions aside from making him more anatomically correct in 2023.