7, Prophecy

Warren

I couldn't get the thought of her out of my head, despite how hard I tried. Her shoulder length brown hair that I wanted to wrap around my fist. Her gray eyes that only got lighter whenever she looked at me. Her pink, pouty lips that I - I needed to stop thinking about. We weren't officially bonded, not until tomorrow, yet I was ready to burn the entire world down for her. I was prepared to kill anyone who looked at her wrong and i'd take great pleasure in doing so. I needed air.

Thorin stood in front of his house, arms crossed across his chest grinning wildly at me. He knew. "Trouble in paradise?"

"She's the complete opposite of us, Thorin." I can still feel her on my fingertips. "She's innocent and pure, I don't think she'd ever hurt a fly and yet she's my mate, why? Did Lillith think this was funny? Binding me with someone i'm only going to ruin? Is this my punishment?" We begin walking, far from the village and closer to the caves at the end of my land. Thorin stayed silent for long, too long. I needed him to say something, I needed to be assured that Ember would be okay here. That she'd be okay with me. I hated how worried I was, this is not me.

"What do you want me to say, Warren? That you should never have had a SoulBond?" He scoffs. "In case you've forgotten, you've been in a spiral of self pity for the last fifty years wondering when you'd finally find her, well now you did. So stop worrying, Lillith knows what she's doing. Ember will be just as much as your ruin as you are hers, it comes with the title."

"She's a necromancer, Thorin." I whisper angrily. "I saw what she could do, earlier she - she summoned at least three dozen skeletons in two seconds. I could feel her power then, it was as if her power was screaming at me through our bond and she didn't even use half of it. Those skeletons were just a small percentage of what she's got."

Thorin stills. "Do you think-"

"I don't want to." I grit, coming to a halt beside him. I couldn't accept what we both suspected, because if I did, there would be no protecting her. I would never be able to, and that would kill me. "I don't know what i'd do if she.." I trail off, swallowing nervously. The last time I was nervous? Never. What has this girl done to me?

Thorin's hand clasps over my shoulder, and he gives a small squeeze. "We will do everything we can to keep her safe, Warren. I'll talk to the others and we'll figure it out, but I promise we will do everything in our power, and I know you will too. We can find a way around this."

I wanted to believe him but I knew the prophecy just as much as he did.