Chapter 43: Interesting

Chelsea's standpoint

About an hour later, I was tucking Carter in while Mother read a book. A small knock came from the door before the person opened it. I almost gasped when I saw Andy standing there with a bouquet of yellow daisies.

"Anderson," I whispered, glaring at him. I told him not to come. Mother looked up from her book and then at him. Andy walked in with a grin.

"Oh, hello, who might you be?"

"Good evening, ma," he greeted politely. I sighed and placed my hands on my hips.

"You know Carter is a kid and wouldn't care about flowers," I said as a matter-of-fact.

"Good thing I didn't bring it for him," he walked to Mom with the most charming smile I have ever seen him wear. "These are for you, ma'am. I got Carter a tablet if you don't mind—"

"He'll love it," Mom smiled, looking at me for the introduction she was suspecting.

"Yes mother, this is Anderson, my boss, friend, and boyfriend," I said boredly.

"Wow! He is so cute! So precious!" Wait, what?!

Anderson, the charmer, completely had my mother wrapped around his fingers in three hours. She was all over him and already planning our wedding in her head. I still don't know how because my mother was a very difficult person to please.

"So, what are your plans for my angel?" Mom finally blurted it out. "I don't want her dating for fun, she is almost twenty-eight, you know."

"I plan to make things serious with her, Mom, but she won't take the next step with me," I gasped as I realized what he was about to do.

"She said no to your marriage proposal?"

"No, I propose to live together. I want to get to know her better and see if marriage with her would work because as you can see, I'm no longer a kid. So I suggested she live with me so we can get to know each other thoroughly and see what it would be like if we were married. Chelsea, however, refused saying she needs her space and privacy." He complained poutingly.

Mom gave me her look. "Oh, come on, mom! We started dating barely two weeks ago!" I exclaimed with disbelief.

"The sooner the better, dear, you are not a kid. Don't you think it would be better to move in with him? You can save yourself the rent, and expenses and will be living with the love of—"

"I don't love him yet," I interjected harshly.

"Living together would help you know if you can get there or not. If I had lived with your father before I married him, I would have known him for the asshole he is, not the phony. It might not be good logic to you, but to me it is. Stay with him, dear."

"I already paid my rent," I snapped.

"Meredith will live in it since she has relocated here." She replied.

"I love my space,"

"And yet you share a room with Autumn,"

"That is different!"

"The same thing," she said coolly. I sighed, I wasn't going to defeat her.

"Fine, I will move in with you but only after our relationship completes a month. Deal or no deal?" I asked Andy who was pouting innocently.

"Deal."

"Now that it is settled, Andy tells me about how you met her again, I really love listening to it," Mom said with excitement.