Chapter 64: You don't fool me

Landon's standpoint

Brianna called for an emergency meeting to settle the bankruptcy problem. Everyone was voicing out their concern except me and her who just watched. I was watching her, wondering what she was up to. She wasn't just calm for no reason.

"Maybe we should reduce the quality of what we produce and increase the price—"

"That's a ridiculous strategy because we haven't been able to pay back the debts we owe so we haven't had enough materials to even make a good product for a year. You want us to reduce an already bad product and increase the price when we barely have people to patronize us?"

"If we are ever going to rise again, we need enough money to pay back the debts and then start afresh. All of these wouldn't have happened if the ship carrying our goods didn't sink,"

"So what do we do now? Miss Brianna?" She preferred to be called by her name. Brianna sighed and drummed her fingers on the long glass table.

"The only possible way is to sell some shares—"

"Excuse me?" I snorted.

"Look, Landon, that is the only solution right now. We don't have enough money. The money we have right now is enough to pay the debts but if we pay, we wouldn't have any left to start over, let alone pay the workers. However, if we sell some shares, we would have a backup, start all over, and get to pay the workers as well."

"I am not selling any shares," I growled.

"Landon, all your business partners already sold their shares back to you and disappeared just in case the business falls, you don't have a choice—"

"Yes, I do," I flared, "you don't get to carry your lowlife here and tell me how to run my company!"

"Point of correction, son of nobody, my father's company. I will not sit back and watch you destroy it with your bad luck—"

"We both know that you don't mean this company any good! You are a snake and Father doesn't see it!" I was already standing now and angrily screaming because I knew I would give in, I didn't have a choice and she had all the cards in her favor.

"Let's agree to disagree," she said smirkingly, "we are selling the shares or I am going to submit your failure report to Father, he will disown you, make me the permanent CEO and I still get to sell the shares, and save the company. Either way, I win. I am doing you a favor, big brother." She mocked with a scowl.

"I think that is a good idea—"

"Even if we want to sell, who would buy?" I snapped.

"You didn't think I would bring this up without getting everything done, did you? I already have five people that are willing to buy the shares—"

"Their names?"

"Mr. Mitchell Ramon, Mrs. Sullie Barrier, Vatina Montona, Mr. Kelvin Royce, and Archibald Filbert."

"I know only Mrs. Barrier, Mr. Ramon, and Archibald, so who are the rest?"

"I'll forward their details to you. They would be here on Wednesday to conclude the deal and make payment. Once they do, the debts would be paid and then we would get back on track. Each one of you should be ready and think of good marketing ideas or whatever you are being paid to do. You are all dismissed."

"Thank you, Miss Brianna." They chorused. I watched them begin to murmur as they exited, speaking about her in admiration. I smiled bitterly and bit my lip. She'll be dead soon, I just have to be patient.

Cheers To My BeautifulOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara