Chapter 75: Whipped

Meredith's standpoint

"Bloody hell!" They screamed in shock.

"What the… Wait, whose birthday are we celebrating?" Mordecai asked confusedly.

"Autumn's and Chelsea's, you both have been so busy falling in love that you forgot your birthday," Gaia replied.

"That's not right, I think I'll remember my birthday if I have it. My birthday is next month, right?" Chelsea asked unsurely. Autumn and Chelsea were coincidentally born on the same day, another reason why they are so close.

"Wait, it is our birthday!" Autumn exclaimed. "How did I forget?"

"Easy, you were sucking—" Jasmine smacked Jake who was about to say that. They are Chelsea's younger siblings.

"Why didn't you tell me your birthday was today?"

"I mentioned it twice, but we both forgot,"

"Oh, my baby girl is one year older," Chelsea's mother cooed as she spread her hand to hug Chelsea. Thank goodness my parents weren't here, my dad would have started talking and you don't want him to talk.

For the next hour, everyone hugged and congratulated the couple and also told the girls happy birthday while giving them gifts. Autumn's foster parents left early because they said the party wasn't for old people like them. But that was before Mordecai stood on a table and shouted out of nowhere: "I'm going to be a dad!" It was followed by cheers and Autumn hiding her face for minutes as everyone hugged and congratulated them again.

Three hours into the party, all the men went to sit separately while the women gathered around Autumn. By women, I mean Brianna, Chelsea, Gaia, Constance, Stacie—just because I want her to feel intimidated—Delaney, Cousin Carla, and five more women. The teenagers were being annoyed by my younger brother, Seth. Just like Jacky, he tends to annoy who he likes and he was taking a liking to Jasmine. Carter was with his mother who was talking to three women. Angela was busy making the boy's life miserable with her talking.

"Okay, so have you thought of any name for the baby?"

"I just found out only hours ago," Autumn said, glaring at Gaia who grinned innocently.

"What? He looks pretty excited so I'm sure he already has a thousand names in his head." She defended.

"I won't say he hasn't been preparing, even before I found out. In all my years of being a doctor, I've never met anyone as excited as him over a baby,"

"Don't even say that," Carla said as she chewed on her donut, "remember the day Harry found out Marsha was pregnant again? For the eighth time?" I started laughing because I was there, we both were.

"Who still gets excited after seven?" Gaia gushed.

"Harry, he almost broke his legs in the name of dancing." I laughed.

"At least he was happy, my ex-boyfriend ran away when I told him I was pregnant," Stacie managed to add.

"Yours ran away? Mine passed out from shock and when he woke up, the first thing he yelled was 'Get it away from me, get rid of it'!" A female from Mordecai's side said.

"Cai was happy alright, so happy he has forbidden me from bathing my own body," Autumn complained, "and he wouldn't even let me drink my glass of water on my own!"

"I agree with him, you have to be careful from on," Chelsea said scoldingly.

"You too?! Chelsea!" She shrugged.