Chapter 76: Would you believe me if I called his name?

Meredith's standpoint

"Since you are so good at matching people up, think you can match me up with someone?" Laney asked sheepishly. "I see a lot of men here,"

"But only one is meant for you," Chelsea said.

"So, I'm not the only one who picked up on it? I forgot you are my twin, we are so cool." Autumn giggled.

"High five, sister!" Chelsea shouted.

"High ten, bitch!" They did a very loud high ten and laughed.

"What are these two idiots talking about?" Brianna snorted. Beats me.

"Delaney, if I should tell you that the only man who would love you for eternity is here, would you believe me? Would you believe me if I called his name?"

"Who?" Laney asked curiously.

"Jaxon." Chelsea deadpanned.

"What?" Laney gasped.

"It might be impossible to believe but Jaxon has been in love with you way before Paul even met you. According to what Cai told me, you guys were somehow friends and it was through him you met Paul. Being a friend, he didn't want to backstab his friend, especially when the girl in question didn't even love him back. So he caved; he swallowed his love and turned to other women, turned his desires to them. After Paul died, he tried to get close to you again but you are still as clueless as you were back then."

"Have you seen how he adores Angela? How much does he love her?" Chelsea asked and looked at Angela, we all did too. "I have babysat that angel for two years. I know how much she loves Mordecai and Jaxon, and how she always wished he was her dad. They both have a bond, a very strong bond, one that I don't understand…"

"But she does," Autumn said, looking at Laney seriously. "Anyways, if you really want love, Jaxon is the only one who can give you that. As for his extra children, just overlook it. Plus, he only has two extra children who are yet to be born. The reports haven't fully confirmed the father, but I'm going to handle it for you if you are willing to talk to me." Laney stood up immediately, her eyes glistening with tears.

"I have to go…" She scurried away.

"What was that all about?" I asked confusedly. Chelsea and Autumn looked at each other and then at me. We have this connection that helps us converse silently.

"Jaxon is the biological father of Angela," my mouth dropped as I picked that up from Autumn.

"At first I didn't know but when I first met him a year ago, when he came to pick her up from my place, I suspected it. The girl might look everything like her mother, but she has reddish brown hair like Jaxon. I was confused then but still didn't care because it wasn't my business." Chelsea said.

"I didn't either until I met Jaxon at the diner. The hair couldn't be a coincidence, her love for him couldn't be just nothing. I don't know, my instinct told me so Chelsea helped me take her hair while I took his. The DNA test was positive. The way I see it, Delaney and Jaxon must have accidentally slept with each other one period and that resulted in Angela but she lied it was Paul's. That must be the reason she avoids him somehow." Autumn explained further.

"I couldn't keep it a secret so I told Andy, turns out they knew but preferred to act like they didn't. Aaron noticed it first, the red hair being the most obvious trait, and also her love for creepy food. Jaxon's mother is somehow like that. Again, she was more attached to him when she was born and till now. The only ones who don't know about it are Jaxon and Angela."