Chapter 4

Jordna POV:

After an hour of me and Ruben skating around town we decided to go to the beach. As we got there it was getting dark quickly, the sun was setting as we walked over the sandy beach to sit on a free sun bed, there wasn't many people around as it was the evening so we easily found two free sun beds facing the ocean. As we sat Ruben got out the pack of cigarettes and lighter from his pocket, I watched him open the box taking out two cigarettes, he handed me one and the lighter, as I light the cigarette Ruben said "Stevies weird as fuck" I laughed "poor boy, he just wants to fit in" I said attempting to stand up for him while partly agreeing with Ruben "come on you can tell he's never smoked before" he said whilst laughing with me "the way he was trying to hold in his cough though" I said as we burst into even more laughter.
Moments like this with Ruben were the best, I hated how he always acted colder when around others but alone he's more warmer and friendlier I'd say.

It was now dark, the moon was up and me and Ruben were skating home, we lived in the same area except his apartment block was further down the road then mine. As we got closer we got off our skateboards to walk the rest of the way. "Do you know what time it is" Ruben asked "no sorry" I said feeling bad for him, I knew exactly why he asked, I knew it was because he didn't want to go home and his mom be awake "my mom will be at her boyfriends tonight so I have the house to myself if you want to stay over" I offered him, his face light up subtly "I mean if you really want me to" he said trying to make the conversation less depressing, I laughed "fine then I'll just stay home alone then" I said hitting his leg with my skateboard slightly "fuck off" he said whilst attempting to push me into the bush next to us but failing because I dodged him. We started laughing whilst walking to my apartment.

We were both on the sofa in the living room watching E.T together, I was wearing an oversized shirt with plaid shorts and Ruben wore his spare clothes he always keeps at my house, an oversized print t shirt and joggers. We were at the end of the movie and I felt tears starting to brim in my eyes, Ruben looked over from the movie at me to notice me yet again trying to hold my tears in "Jordan, every time we watch this you always end up crying at the end come on" he scoffed whilst laughing at me "I'm not crying" I said hitting his arm while holding in my tears as best as I could "think about it, the kids will never see him again" Ruben said trying to make me cry "Ruben your doing this on purpose" I say as a tear rolled down my cheek "HAH you cried" he said "it's not funny it's a sad movie" I explained while getting up to turn off the tv. "We've watched this so many times and you always get upset it's not even that sad" he stated "yes it is" I said whilst throwing a piece of the leftover microwave popcorn on the table as he laughed at me.

AN

I know this isn't part of the movie but I'm going to add extra scenes of just Jordan and Ruben just to show more chemistry or somethin idk, also hope ur enjoying