Chapter 5

Narrator POV

It was the next day at the shop and Stevie has just handed over the £40 to Ruben who gratefully accepted it whilst handing over his used skateboard to him. Whilst Stevie was checking out the old worn out skateboard which in his eyes looked like a brand new dazzling skateboard which didn't have the majority of paint scratched off Ruben was picking out his new motors board from the self full of boards. "I'm gonna set this shit up" Ruben said smiling while looking down at the board without wheels on yet. "That's gonna look sick when you set it up" Jordan said whilst exchanging a smile with Ruben.

Jordan POV

We were all sprawled on the couch, I was next to Ruben and fuckshit, Ray and Fourthgrade on the other couch and Stevie sat on the floor with his legs crossed like a little kid. "All right I got one, I don't understand this shit, why do they say Mexicans are lazy?" Fuckshit said whilst laughing looking at Ruben. "Why the fuck you looking at me? Do people say that shit?" Ruben said whislt laughing with he rest of us. "I heard this shit, it don't make sense to me. Everytime I see a Mexican there fucking building buildings and shit" Fuckshit said "that's fucked up yo" Ruben replied whilst smiling "I said people say it not I say it, the whole point of this game is so you don't get offended" Fuckshit replied. "I do have a question for fourthgrade and Jordan" Ray stated changing the topic "for gods sake what is it now" I said whilst rolling my eyes laying my head against Ruben's shoulder whilst smiling "why are white people so in love with they pets? Like why do they care so- I don't get it" ray said "for real" Fuckshit added in "for real, though so I'm at this white girls house right and we chilling, I can hear her mom downstairs like "oh my god Eric didn't eat his kibble today" like "I don't know I think we need to take him to the doctor" so I asked why is your mom feeding your little brother kibble, like of course he probably gonna get sick, she go turn around and tell me "Eric is a dog silly"" Ray exclaimed as everyone laughed "dogs don't have feelings you dumb bitch" Ruben added as we laughed more "I have a fish so I don't know" I said whilst laughing "same I don't even have a dog I have a gecko" Fourthgrade said whilst picking at his fingers, suddenly everyone around us burst out laughing even more "did you guys just say you got a fish and gecko?" "Yeah" we both said at the same time "I don't know one person in the world with a fucking gecko" Ray said as Fourthgrade looked back down again clearly embarrassed "and come on Jordan a fish?!" Ray said as he burst into more laughter as I sat there awkwardly laughing "since when did you have a fish" Ruben asked while laughing "since last year, it's by the kitchen window if you ever looked over to notice" I answered back laughing slightly as he pulled me back in to rest on his shoulder. "All right I have one" Fourthgrade spoke up as we all went silent waiting for his response "can black people-" "oh be careful" Ray interrupted him while Fuckshit laughed "okay well, is it cool to be black?" Fourthgrade asked while looking up at Ray "what the fuck?" Fuckshit said "that's where I get all my looks from, silky ass sexy hair, yeah black dont crack, that's why I'm 17 and look 12 bitch, what you? 17 and look like fucking mr burns" Fuckshit exclaimed as we erupted laughing "I guess sometimes like say we go skate in Beverly Hills, everybody already looking at us like "hey you guys are vandalising property" and like "get the fuck out of her" blah blah blah, but sometimes I feel like it's a bit heavy on me" Ray explained "yeah" Fuckshit agreed whilst nodding his head "people judge you and stuff but fuck it yo, those people are ignorant" Ray said. "All right I got another one, can black people get sunburned?" Fourthgrade asked as we all burst out laughing "oh my god" Fuckshit exclaimed "are you fucking kidding me right now" Ray said sitting upright to look at Fourthgrade in shock. "Seriosuly like I genuinely wanna know, like everytime it's hot out im like "does he need sunscreen?" Is there like black suntan lotion or-" "you a real dumbass" Ray cut him off as me and the others started giggling "just when I thought you had a brain, bro. You dumb as hell" "what about you little man" Ray said looking down at Stevie who had been sitting silently for the past half hour we'd been sat here for. "Did you know that black people could get sunburnt?" Ray asked. The room went silent for a few secounds, we whatched him waiting for his reply, Ray shook his head hinting him to say somehting "what are- what are black people?" Stevie asked unsure, me, Ruben and Fourthgrade looked at Ray while Fuckshit shook his head, suddenly after a few secounds of dead silence Ray started laughing until we all joined in eventually filling the silence "Fuck shit that was dope" Fuckshit said "that's dope I like that, I like that" Ray said while laughing until it went silent again "yeah but y'all try and go skate?" Ray offered "I'm down" Fuckshit said "same" I said "Ruben you try and go skate?" Ray asked Ruben who was looking down looking quite annoyed "yeah" he said whilst looking up "all right then let's go" "you coming sunburn?" Ray asked raising his voice excitedly like he was talking to a child "sunburn" Fuckshit announced while shouting as he smiled and the others laughed, I looked over at Ruben who looked annoyed, I nudged his shoulder and silently mouthed if he was okay, he nodded his head and turned back around at the others "all right come on then" I said whilst getting up with Ruben as the others followed whilst still laughing about stevies new name.

Narrator POV

Jordan walked over to her skateboard at the other side of the room from them as the others pciked up there's around wherever they put there's, Ruben picked up his skateboard next to him and walked over to Stevie "what the fuck was that?" He asked clearly pissed off "I dunno" Stevie said whilst looking up at the older boy whilst smiling as Ruben walked away clearly annoyed.