Author's Note

Thank you so much for coming on this journey with me!

I came up with the idea of Haven and her Uncle's brainstorming with my best friend who also is a writer,  late one night towards the end of the pandemic lockdowns.  As I threw around ideas and possible storylines, he became more excited and said, "I see this as a series! Haven needs more than one book of adventures!". So that's the plan.  How many?  At least a trilogy.  If I feel she still needs adventure maybe more.  I know this is usually an author's note you typically see at the end of a story but you will see this story will not be as typical as most so why not start the beginning at the end! 

I have researched for over three years before I even began writing the actual story.  I have a dozen notebooks and a Pinterest board with over 500 items posted and organized.   I have talk things out with my writer best friend and even my kids.  Although my daughter will be too young to read the final product, she has had a voice in some of the more humorous parts and has told me, "Who cares if the demons and angels are not "biblically" or "mythically"correct.  That's why it's called fiction Mom.". She is wise beyond her 12 years. 

So I hope Haven lives up to the hype I have made up for her in my head! 

As always feedback is welcome when given constructively and with good intent.  And remember this is a fiction story that has demons, angels and other paranormal characters that normally don't interact.  Just go with it.

I will post a soundtrack list after each part of the story.  As you will see my chapter names are a lyric from the song I choose for the header.

This story is rated mature for Strong Language, violence, themes of abuse and torture and possible sexual situations. 

Thanks!  💜 Lexa