I am the man

Luke's POV

I was glad Will came in before Haven left.  I had been dying to see if she would react to him the way I was certain she would. I was not disappointed.  Will had been staring at my office door since Haven walked out for at least 30 seconds when I decided to have him come back to the present.

"You okay there Will?" I asked him, gently putting my arm around his shoulder.  I have known Will and his family for a few millennia.  He is a phenomenal man.  Well, none of us are really men per say. But in this realm we will go with that.

"Um yeah." Will shook his head a bit and turned towards me and put his hand out for me to shake.

"Skip the formalities. It is so great to see you.". I gave Will a fatherly hug.  "Have a seat and relax.  Remember, I have known you since you were born. You are like family.  And if what I just witnessed is any indication, you will be actual family soon.". I sat down and looked at him with my eyebrow raised. "Am I assuming anything?"

"Luke.  I am fighting everything in me right now not to run after Haven.  She is my beloved.  You are correct. But I do understand the need to be discreet right now but I can't promise it will be easy." He craned his head around to stare at the door again.

"I am asking a lot of you Will.  I do know this.  I wish it could be easier for you both.  But with her 25th birthday approaching and the prophecy, I cannot take any chances with her welfare." I looked at a picture of Haven and Zyran on my desk. I loved them like they were my own. 

Contrary to popular belief,  demons are capable of love.  Even me, Lucifer, the King of all demons, the first fallen one.

"Will, it has come to my attention that there is someone within my own organization who may be planning to steal Haven's Grace once she comes of age.  There have always been those against me.  That is nothing new to me.  But this time it concerns my actual Kin.  I need you to keep an eye on Haven while she meets with my brothers and learns what she needs to know.  Think of yourself as her bodyguard.  I will explain more to her.  I will need you to attend a meeting in my throne room tomorrow evening.  Will that be an issue?"

"I told you when I got here, I was at your disposal.  Now that I am certain who Haven is to me, even you would not be able to stop me from protecting her.  Do you have any clues exactly who is wanting to harm her?"

"I have some ideas but I want to keep those to myself at the moment. No need to go after anyone until I know for sure.  You don't have an issue with Archangels do you?" Will looked surprised at my question.

"I have never met one so I have no idea.  But I don't think I would. Can I ask why?"

"Of course you can.  I have never lost touch with my angel brethren.  And most of them like a good poker game from time to time.  They adore Haven and actually will be helping with a portion of her training.  Rafael is actually her Godfather.  Haven's father and him were best friends once upon a time.  Ace wanted her covered from all sides, I guess." I said this last part with a laugh.

"If they care about Haven, then I am sure I will like them just fine."

"Will,  I know it will be difficult, but you cannot tell Haven what you are or exactly why you will be accompanying her.  There are things I need to keep from her at the moment and that includes being her mate. I hate doing this to both of you.  There are also a few things Haven does not know about herself yet.  I will share these with you as they become relevant.  I know my niece very well.  She will be asking a lot of questions.  And I mean a lot.  She hates being out of the loop."

"If it's for her safety, then I will do my best.  I have had to hide what I am a majority of my existence.  You know I attended university here on Earth.  Then I spent years traveling.  I know I am keeping my family safe also by not revealing our true identity."