Chapter Eleven

Sun Saiyaan

"The only emotion that you can hear is pain."

. . .

Chapter 11

"What is this?" Durga Prasad questioned sounding annoyed while surprising Annapurna, Swara and Parineeta.

Ram and Adarsh reached out for their cups of water, gulping it down to get rid of the taste.

"It's spicy scrambled eggs Papa, I decided to try something new." Swara nervously responded, confused to why they reacted that way. Durga Prasad made a face and pushed his plate away.

"It has too much salt! We are already stressed and now you're going to raise our blood pressure! Do you not taste food before serving?" He taunted angrily and Swara was shocked, feeling upset and hurt by his words and tone.

Lakshya felt bad and blinked at Swara, who lowered her glassy eyes. As far as she remembered, she didn't even add that much salt, was it really salty or are they just being funny because it's something new. Lakshya continued to eat it and Swara glanced at him, not knowing how to react.

"Ji, have this. . ." Annapurna moved the scrambled eggs from the plate and put in some healthy vegetable tikki's with some kachori's.

Parineeta did the same for Adarsh and Ram Prasad, who then waited for Durga Prasad.

Sanskaar, who had the spicy scrambled egg on his plate took a bite, making a face afterwards, it was indeed really salty. He instantly grabbed the toast on the plate and took a bite of that to replace the taste of saltiness. 

Uttara and Ragini were confused by what was happening but not knowing why she felt satisfied by what she witnessed, Ragini relaxed a little. She surprisingly found it funny and seeing Swara upset was not bothering her, she felt neutral towards everything in this situation.

Durga Prasad took the first bite followed by Ram and Adarsh, who again spat it out. This had made Parineeta and Annapurna nervous.

"It's too salty!" Ram exclaimed loudly with a displeased expression. He again, drank his water and Durga Prasad then tried the kachori's which seemed perfectly fine to him.

"Out of this whole table only the kachori tastes normal!" He insulted Parineeta who made the tikki's and Swara who made the eggs.

"We don't know how it got so salty Papa Ji. We made sure to add the right amount of salt." Parineeta responded with glassy eyes, not knowing why this was happening as she made them many times before and they had been fine, but today they're said to be salty.

"How are you even eating that Lakshya?" Adarsh asked as he looked at Lakshya who was devouring the eggs. "They taste good to me." Lakshya replied, still eating and Swara faintly smiled at him.

"You'll end up going to the hospital for high blood pressure, stop." Ram advised but Lakshya ignored him.

Ragini clenched her fist, as she watched Swara and then looked at Lakshya who was eating fondly. But her heart didn't ache this time, she was simply irritated at how happy they look together after stealing half of their happiness from her.