2.

"Every other day I see people dying in front of my eyes and that didn't break me but she did

"Every other day I see people dying in front of my eyes and that didn't break me but she did......in the worst way possible"

~ Viraat

Ek jhooth, ek sach, ek dhokha, ek khat!

VIRAT'S POV

It wasn't her fault. Yet, she's taking the fall for things she never did. I laid out everything before this marriage. I warned her not to expect anything, and her response was a mere nod. Not a question, not a single word. Just. A. Nod.

That was our sole encounter before our marriage, and it left me pondering the kind of girl she is. Most girls her age aren't so silent or composed. And definitely would never agree to this marriage. But she... she's different, I guess.

After divorce when rumours were spreading in the elites that I am a horrible husband, who abused his wife and that's why she left me. To shush them down, my family pushed me into another marriage.

As you see people in this world care about their reputation more than their beloved's happiness.

And in this whole mess Meera got involved. An innocent soul who knew nothing about my world. In a world where smile, laugh, happiness are merely the words of the dictionary.

She was walking towards me, walking towards that man, who is never gonna give her the life she deserves or love her as she should be loved.

I unveiled her.

Her eyes.....
They were pretty, pretty deep brown eyes, full of dreams and hope.

Hope for a beautiful future with me. Hope hope I'm about to shatter.